This position will be based in New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; or London, UK; working remotely until safe to return to office. Candidates will be considered for the New York or San Francisco office.
Tideline is currently working entirely remotely, and the timing and plans for returning to the office remain uncertain as the public health situation and guidance evolves. Candidates must be located near either of the offices or be willing to commit to re-locate once employees are able to return to the office.
At Tideline, we value diversity and the unique contributions of each person. We work hard to create and maintain an open, inclusive environment where every individual feels free to bring their full self to the table. Tideline is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a unique entry-level opportunity for an early-career individual to gain exposure to impact investing and strategy consulting. The Analyst will gain diverse experience playing an important role in Tideline’s consulting and impact verification services, through executing research and analysis, producing materials, and supporting project coordination and management, among other responsibilities. The relative focus of the role between consulting and impact verification projects will be determined based on needs, interest, and fit.
Project coordination, research, and materials (85%):
- Performing research and analysis related to client projects, including literature reviews, summaries of findings, participation in expert interviews, etc.
- Developing client materials, including PowerPoint presentations and written reports
- Establish multi-year spending plans for the Foundation, weighing choices for current deployment and longer-term stewardship of the Foundation’s invested capital
- Oversee foundation governance practices, including governing documents, structures, transparency, and conflicts of interest
- Leading scheduling and supporting project and client management for projects
- Supporting quantitative analysis and modeling efforts for client projects (as applicable given candidate experience)
- Contributing to team meetings, brainstorming, and project planning.
Operational and business development support (15%):
- Performing research to inform business development and operational efforts, as needed
- Supporting the drafting of proposals and other business development materials
- Working with other team members to address internal / operational priorities, as needed
Role closes –
11:59pm, 15th Sep 2020 EDT (America/New York)
The ideal candidate has a collaborative disposition; is analytical and driven to learn; is exceptionally well-organized with an eye for detail; communicates well; and is committed to advancing social and environmental outcomes. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Skilled at and affinity for research
- Sense of humor and self-awareness
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization
- Adept at using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Although not required, preferred qualifications include:</strong
- Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy
- Knowledge of impact measurement and management
- Experience in consulting, impact investing, finance, philanthropy, and/or research
- Financial / quantitative analysis experience
- Strong design sensibilities
- 0-3 years post-Bachelor’s degree work experience or equivalent
Interested candidates should visit https://app.beapplied.com/apply/wm4bxpg7qc. Your application will be reviewed blind, to ensure fairness, You’ll need a CV/résumé, but it’ll only be considered if you score well on blind review You may send any questions to email@example.com