Commercial Real Estate Associate
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Industry: Real Estate
- City: Salt Lake City
- State/Province: Utah
- Country: United States
Catalyst Opportunity Funds (“Catalyst”) is a field-leading, double bottom-line private equity platform investing in real estate projects that yield both competitive financial returns as well as positive social and economic impacts in communities. Catalyst is initially focused on investments in select “Opportunity Zones” around the US. The Opportunity Zone incentive of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act gives favorable tax treatment to investors to invest in overlooked communities in almost 9,000 identified opportunity zones throughout the United States.
Catalyst is currently raising a new fund (~$250 million) focused on transformative real estate development projects in select small- to medium-size Opportunity Zone markets around the country. Catalyst anticipates being a capital partner to high-performing, impact-oriented developers on mixed-use projects that generate both positive community impacts and strong financial returns for our investors.
About the Position
- Provide analytical support to the firm’s acquisition and investment activities to source, analyze, diligence, underwrite, and close commercial real estate investments against the firm’s social impact and financial return objectives.
- Assist in the investment memo preparation and presentation to investment committee, including business plan development
- Assist in the due diligence process and report findings to senior management
- Asset management of the investment through execution and refinement of the business plan to achieve the investment goals
- Develop strong relationships and effective lines of communication with colleagues and third parties (including investors, joint venture partners, lenders, attorneys, accountants, etc.)
- Assist the senior leadership team with preparation and delivery of presentations, pitch decks, investment committee memoranda, etc.
- Prepare Catalyst team-members and other stakeholders for key meetings including preparation of agenda items and meeting materials, capturing meeting minutes, driving actionable follow-up items, etc.
In addition to the above, the role will invariably include additional responsibilities not identified above – this will, to some extent, be determined by management’s needs, but the role also presents opportunities for a candidate to take ownership of tasks in-line with individual interests and skills.
- An undergraduate degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, or Real Estate
- An MBA or Master’s degree in Real Estate or Finance preferred
- At least two years of experience in a professional work setting, preferably within the commercial real estate industry; including significant client-facing interactions and responsibilities
- Strong modeling skills including regular use of Excel and MS Office programs
- Superior communications skills, including effective, confident writing, and the ability to clearly synthesize research and other information
- Strong interpersonal skills, an interest in developing and managing external relationships, and the ability to appropriately communicate with stakeholders across multiple sectors
- Excellent organizational and task management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Commitment to a collegial workplace; willingness and comfort in taking ownership of miscellaneous tasks
- Interest and knowledge of impact investing (preferred)
- Proficiency in Argus (preferred)
How To Apply