About The Organisation
Inclusive Prosperity Capital, Inc. is a not-for-profit investment fund thriving at the intersection of clean energy finance and community development. Our team is focused on connecting investment capital with mission-aligned organizations, clean energy projects, and community initiatives in traditionally underserved markets.
IPC makes direct investments and places 3rd party capital across all tranches of the capital stack (Debt, Equity and Tax Equity), utilizing a variety of financing and ownership structures and supporting a wide array of clean energy technologies, from distributed solar and energy efficiency to utility-scale infrastructure installations. IPC is unique in its ability to capitalize
products and structures, at scale, that deliver both value creation to underlying customers/offtakers and market rate risk-adjusted returns to investors, all coupled with positive economic, environmental, and social impact.
We believe everyone should have access to the benefits of clean energy. We can change the conversation in underinvested neighborhoods and markets, helping to deliver Inclusive Prosperity. For more information about IPC, please visit us at: https://www.inclusiveprosperitycapital.org/
About The Opportunity
IPC seeks a Chief Investment Officer (CIO) to lead its growing Clean Energy Finance team. A qualified candidate will be expected to immediately lead IPC’s mission of aligning capital with scalable financing products and structures. Working with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the CIO will provide leadership, vision and oversight for the management and strategic growth of
IPC’s capital strategy and investments. The CIO will provide the investment expertise and experience to achieve the IPC’s short, medium and long-term goals as identified in the annual planning and budgeting cycle and periodic strategic plans in the context of the sustainability of IPC’s capital resources, obligations, and prudent risk-adjusted returns. The CIO will perform work
under general direction of the CEO with latitude for initiative and independent judgment within the operating procedures of IPC. The CIO will be accountable for the general oversight and risk management of all IPC capital obligations and investments including asset and liability management, and will lead the Clean Energy Finance team to implement and maintain IPC’s due
diligence process and recommend new or revised lending and investment strategies.
In addition to overseeing IPC’s capital strategy with respect to balance sheet management and growth, as well as investment portfolio review and discussion, the CIO will provide strategy and present specific financing and investment ideas to the organization. The CIO will develop and recommend financing and investment policy, manage external relationships with existing and potential capital providers and other relevant advisors, and will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of financing and investment activities. As a key member of the leadership team, the CIO will execute on day-to-day investment transactions and play a critical role in determining
the strategic direction of this mission-driven, growing, high-impact investment fund
- Acting as a senior advisor to the CEO on all capital-structuring and investment decisions of the organization;
- Working with the CEO, IPC Staff, and governing bodies (e.g., Investment Committee and Board of Directors) to lead the development of new and innovative financing programs to scale IPC’s investments in target markets;
- Developing and managing a range of financial approaches to optimize IPC’s investment portfolio;
- Directing and managing the daily operations and staff of the Clean Energy Finance team of IPC through direct oversight of multiple complex financial programs and products;
- Leading the development of new and innovative financing programs to scale IPC’s investment portfolio in a prudent manner directly tied to organizational balance sheet goals:
- Developing and maintaining standards that govern the administration of all IPC investment activities;
- Leading outreach efforts to local, regional, national and international financial institutions to strike partnerships on behalf of IPC;
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with IPC’s existing investors and strategic partners in accordance with existing and emerging investment priorities;
- Negotiating and structuring the terms of new IPC investments and overseeing relationships with IPC investees;
- Working with internal and external legal resources to draft and negotiate a wide range of legal documents;
- Providing comprehensive evaluation and risk analysis of investment opportunities.
- Providing senior relationship management to potential IPC partners, including developers, customers, government entities, and regulators agencies;
- Working with the General Counsel to draft and negotiate a wide range of legal documents with a focus on the standardization of contracts to support IPC’s mandate of operating at scale;
- Providing comprehensive evaluation and risk analysis of investment opportunities;
- Managing quantitative analysis and financial modeling for IPC to provide insight into all organizational capital strategies;
- Providing regular market analysis to determine significant deployment opportunities for the organization;
- Conducting ongoing data analysis to evaluate the success of IPC capital deployment strategies, refining them, and driving the future allocation of IPC resources;
- Originating and developing new strategic investment partnerships;
- Regularly representing IPC at external events to increase IPC’s market presence.
This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in a growing, mission-oriented organization, and as such successful candidates will be expected to apply an “all hands” approach.
Education & Experience:
- The ideal CIO candidate will have a relevant Bachelor’s degree (preferably combined with an advanced degree or other professional certification, though professional experience may substitute) plus at least seven (7) years of direct experience managing and developing financial programs and/or projects in a field related to clean energy.
Additionally, the ideal Managing Director candidate should be able to demonstrate at least two (2) years of experience in a managerial capacity with responsibility for managing people, projects, and/or budgets.
Passion for entrepreneurship and market-based solutions to poverty.
IPC seeks candidates that exhibit both mission alignment and professional competency in the following areas:
- Expertise with the different levels of capital stack (Senior Debt, Subordinated Debt, Equity, Tax Equity) and how they impact both projects/companies and investors;
- Demonstrated experience in managing a diverse portfolio of investments in the energy sector, preferably solar, other clean energy and energy efficiency project finance;
- Demonstrated experience in innovative product development and management, and fiscal oversight;
- Demonstrated expertise in solar, other clean energy and efficiency, economic and community development, and environmental protection;
- Ability to evaluate emerging clean energy markets and financing mechanisms;
- Exceptional negotiating and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work with management and a variety of other parties, at all levels, internally and externally;
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications;
- Exceptional communication skills with the financial community;
- Ability to attract capital for clean energy investments;
- Ability to lead and manage a team of finance and investment professionals.
- Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
- Can be remote or based in IPC’s New York City or Hartford, CT offices
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and skills
- Benefits include generous paid holidays and time off policies; health insurance covering medical, dental and vision; 401K with employer match; and tuition reimbursement
– Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
– Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
-Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.
IPC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are strongly committed to fostering a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive work environment. IPC provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, present or past history of mental disability, intellectual disability, learning disability, physical disability, including but not limited to blindness, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
IPC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and corresponding state or local law. If you believe you need an accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to
email@example.com with “CIO, Clean Energy Finance” in the subject line