This position will be based in either Ho Chi Minh City or Jakarta
While changing gender norms and the ‘rules’ of finance may take time, we believe we can start by treating our customers – the entrepreneurs – with respect and making the fundraising process more transparent. We dare to believe it’s possible to turn fundraising from a headache to a delight, or at the very least a process where the entrepreneurs we serve feel empowered and understood.
Beacon is a long-term commitment to changing finance to work better for women-owned businesses. We’re focusing on debt products, because we believe they’re a better fit for the moderate growth, cash-flow positive businesses that we’re targeting. We’ve evolved away from a traditional venture capital fund structure – which forces investors to exit companies within a fixed timeline – and are using an evergreen structure to better fit the time horizon and financing needs of our portfolio companies. Most of all though, we know that we’ll need to remain nimble and keep iterating, to deliver on our underlying mission of being an investment firm that works for women.
Reporting to the Head of Credit, each Debt Investment Associate will be responsible for conducting credit assessments of women-led and women-focused businesses in Southeast Asia.
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements, financial records and other data to assess a borrower’s
creditworthiness and ability to repay debt
- Complete ratio, trend and cash flow analyses and create financial projections.
- Synthesise findings into clear, concise credit memos for management / the Investment Committee
- Present analysis, findings and recommendations to management / the Investment Committee
- Monitor loan portfolio asset quality on an ongoing basis
- Communicate with team members to proactively identify and escalate key risks as well as material changes to portfolio clients Work with wider credit team to identify improvements to the Fund’s credit process.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in either audit and assurance at a ‘Big 4’ firm or credit analytical experience in a SME lender, bank, ratings agency or similar organization.
- Good knowledge of accounting, corporate finance, financial modeling, credit analytics and risk assessment.
Understanding of commercial banking products a plus. Strong attention to detail and ability to identify discrepancies in data
- Impeccable understanding of financial statements, ratios and concepts
- Skilled communicator, ability to work cross-culturally, and adapt to diverse professional settings
- Self-motivated individual who is passionate about promoting economic development in Southeast Asia
- Experience in impact investing and/or gender lens investing preferred
- Fluency in English plus either Bahasa Indonesia or Vietnamese required
Send resume with cover letter and references to Chi-Ling Looi (email@example.com).
Experienced candidates returning to the workforce after a career break are also encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.