Role: Capshift Director, Impact Investments – Publics
Location: Remote, with expectation of full-time or regular travel to our Boston, MA HQ starting Q1 2022
Type: Full Time
About the Role
Do you have a background in researching public funds and building values-driven portfolios for clients?
We are seeking a purpose-driven team member to help lead research and advisory efforts in building ESG/impact public portfolios geared towards clients stewarding charitable assets who seek to create deeper impact.
CapShift is a mission-driven growth company working at the intersection of finance and impact to unlock the $1 trillion of charitable assets in the U.S. for impact investments into funds and enterprises. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a culture of personal development, creative freedom, and the partnership of a dedicated group of teammates. Our aim is to help mobilize billions of dollars of investment capital to fund organizations tackling major social and environmental challenges.
- Lead CapShift’s research and advisory work around public market ESG/impact managers, including mutual funds, ETFs, SMAs, and alt funds
- Lead the due diligence process for public market funds, including both financial and impact assessments, to present to CapShift’s investment committee
- Help lead portfolio construction, trading, rebalancing, performance assessment, and research support for specific clients or prospects, with a focus on charitable asset owners that embed both public and private products
- Engage and support specific family, foundation, and institutional client relationships, bringing investing and portfolio expertise to meet client philanthropic investment goals
- Develop relationships to support the active sourcing of best-in-class impact funds in both public and private markets
- Produce thought leadership on specific topics of expertise within the ESG/impact landscape
- Take leadership roles in other aspects of a high-growth startup company, including team, culture, technology, market research, and customer development
- 3–10 years of combined work experience in investment management, banking, advisory, or consulting with a focus on public markets portfolios or products
- Strong understanding and passion for sustainable/ESG/impact investing and dedication to building a network of contacts in the impact investing ecosystem
- Familiarity with offering documents for public investment offerings and ability to efficiently evaluate the merits of funds across asset classes and end markets
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including experience in managing others
- Experience or demonstrated interest in working in a high-growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take initiative, own and deliver projects independently, and take on multiple responsibilities and tasks
- Experience with portfolio management software tools, with familiarity with Salesforce and Morningstar preferred
- MBA or CFA preferred, exceptional candidates with a business, economics, or finance background in undergraduate studies will be considered
CapShift aims to make it easier for families to build impact investment portfolios through their trusted advisors and financial institutions. Since its founding, CapShift has mobilized capital into dozens of high-impact funds and enterprises providing solutions to global issues such as climate, health, racial justice, and income inequality.
CapShift’s impact investing platform combines software, research, and advisory capacities and covers over 1,200 leading impact investment funds and enterprises across public, private, and nonprofit investment and recoverable grant segments.
CapShift is targeting the $1 trillion charitable investment market, and currently works with many leading donor advised fund providers including Vanguard Charitable, National Philanthropic Trust, and Chicago Community Trust. Its suite of solutions makes it easy to source, diligence, deploy, and monitor impact portfolios. Clients include foundations, financial and philanthropic advisors, corporations, and family offices.
CapShift was founded by MissionPoint Partners, Jacques Perold, and Heron Foundation. Other investors include leading impact investing families, and include Jesse Fink, Spring Point Partners, Gratitude Railroad, Brazen Impact, and Grantham Foundation for the Protection of the Environment.
How to Apply
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, that details your interest in the role and key qualifications or experience, with the subject “Director, Impact Investing – Publics” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the company.