Senior Impact Management and Monitoring Specialist (Financial Institutions) – Development Finance Corporation (formerly Overseas Private Investment Corporation)
Location: Washington DC
About the Role Senior Impact Management and Monitoring Specialist (Financial Institutions):
This position is part of the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation, Office of Development Policy. As a Senior Impact Management and Monitoring Specialist (Financial Institutions), you will be part of a team and responsible for due diligence assessment, monitoring, reporting, and sharing lessons learned on Financial Institutions projects and portfolio impact performance.
Helps to define DFC’s approach to impact management and monitoring in coordination with the Environmental, Social, and Economic teams in ODP, and across the DFC’s monitoring functions.
Provides guidance to drive effective and high-quality impact management of the Financial Institutions portfolio consistent with DFC’s Impact Quotient (IQ).
Assesses development impact as part of the investment due diligence process and builds DFC’s impact management capability by providing impact management advice for Financial Institutions projects to maximize development outcomes.
Works with investment team colleagues to inform the investment decision and define the impact objectives.
Develops a results table for each investment comprised of impact metrics based on the IQ score and defines the monitoring plan for the investment to collect development impact metrics to track actual impact of investments.
Oversees the collection, analysis and reporting of data from project results tables and Development Outcomes Surveys (DOS-008).
Conducts site visits for validation, as necessary, and in coordination with the Environmental, Social, and Economic teams in ODP.
Assesses how investments are performing against their initial development objectives, determining when course corrections are required feeding back learning to the investment team and the broader agency.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Must submit resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitability for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
You may qualify at the GS-14 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that includes:
- Experience measuring and managing the impact of investments and/or projects in and through financial institutions, including management of output and outcome data, outcome results, and proxies for outcomes; and
- Experience in impact data collection, analysis, ongoing monitoring, and reporting with a focus on the use of data for decision-making; and
- A proven track record in project management, analysis, and reporting.
MA in business or related field preferred
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
All qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Analytical Thinking
- Impact Management and Monitoring
- Interpersonal Communication
- Written Communication
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- College Transcript(s), if qualifying based on education
- Veterans’ Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g., DD-214 Member Copy 4 showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program documentation, if applicable (e.g., Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section of this vacancy.The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
If you have questions about this job, please contact the HR Office representative listed in the “Agency Contact Info” section of this vacancy announcement. If you need assistance in applying on-line, please refer to the How to Apply section above and explore the Federal Application Process information on the USAJobs website.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- Read the Eligibility questions carefully. The questions address if you are eligible to apply to this JOA. Your responses will affect your consideration for the position. You may qualify for more than one eligibility, so please choose carefully. You will only be considered under the options you have selected. If you respond that you do not meet any of the eligibility questions, you will not be considered for this position.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
Apply through this link