Head, Fund Operations – Ventures Platform
Location: Anywhere, but we are biased toward candidates who are located in Lagos, Abuja, Accra, Cairo and Nairobi.
About the Role at Ventures Platform
We are scaling our work of partnering early with bold founders building transformative startups across Africa, and to enable this mission; we are looking for a rockstar who will be primarily responsible for managing our core fund administration, compliance, reporting, ESG & finance functions by maintaining records, monitoring activities, and liaising with the management company as well as VP’s finance, HR & Audit Head; service providers; banks and investors.
We will rely on you to;
- Coordinate and liaise with fund administrators and other fund service providers – Ensure we stay compliant, operate smoothly, abide by all our commitments, and report as at when due.
- Lead reporting & record keeping – Review and audit NAV monthly and liaise with various parties (including internal and external finance & audit teams) to prepare financial statements for quarterly and year-end reporting and audit purposes as well as ensure all required LP and regulatory reports are delivered as at when due. Work with the finance and management company teams to review cash flows and operating expenses in line with fund commitments and obligations.
- Process Improvement- Lead the streamlining of VP’s operating procedures in consultation with partners and other leaders to improve operating efficiencies in the team, and provide an operational risk assessment of our processes with all stakeholders to resolve any issues.
- ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) and Fund Compliance: Lead the funds ESG program and liaise with the corporate compliance team, other team members, partners, and portfolio companies on all ESG and compliance matters for the fund including regulatory compliance across jurisdictions.
Skills and Requirements
This role could be perfect for you if you are/have:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in investment operation management or fund administration role
- Experience with ESG is a plus
- Entrepreneurial, committed, and able to work under pressure
- Proven management of investor reporting and communication
- Experience in supporting fund structuring and set-up would be an advantage
- A qualified lawyer or accountant (a plus but not a must)
- A SEC (Security Exchange Commission) or equivalent sponsored individual (a plus but not a must)
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
Anywhere, but we are biased toward candidates who are located in Lagos, Abuja, Accra, Cairo and Nairobi.
The role also requires some level of local and international Travel
Your application cover letter should be no more than a page (A4), describing what you think about our work and why you are the best person to join us in this role.
Great place to work
Great work culture
Training & Development
Flexible work hours
Competitive staff benefits
About the Company
We are an early stage “discovery” fund that invests in mission-driven founders building capital-efficient platforms that democratize prosperity, plug infrastructural gaps, connect underrepresented communities, solve for non-consumption and improve livelihoods in Africa. The startups in our portfolio are worth over $2B in market value today. We are early investors in companies like Paystack, Piggyvest, Mono, MDAAS, SeamlessHR, and many more exciting companies.
The work we do at VP means a lot to us, and we are driven by baseline values that represent who we are as a team and how we work to get the job done. We are proud to share that a small, close-knit team has grown our practice to date, and we believe that holding fast to our values has been instrumental to our progress, and so if they resonate with you as well, then you are the kind of person we need on board.
- We do good: We always ask the “why” and “what” of the work we do to ensure we are constantly aligned with our overall objective of solving critical problems in Africa, improving lives while delivering returns to our investors.
- We are Human: We understand and value our People, Founders, Investors, and Partners as our most important asset in achieving anything, and so we are supportive, helpful, attentive, and considerate of everyone we work with.
- We are Resourceful: We always look for quick and effective ways to overcome constraints. We rarely use the word ” impossible” or “I can’t”. We will always find ingenious ways to achieve our core objectives irrespective of any constraints.
- We strive for excellence: We respect our processes and systems. We also communicate and engage with people in a manner that speaks well of our firm and ourselves. We make no excuses; we put our best foot forward by being thorough, well-informed, and delivering expertise.
- We value Integrity: We are sincere in our actions and communications. We see no value in living deceitfully. We keep our word and can be held by them.
- Shared Success: We believe that success can only be achieved when everyone pitches in. We trust each other to take ownership and support one another when we go through glitches or failures.
- Flexibility: We are flexible, we welcome blended (on-prem + remote) working, and we are open to trying new experiments at work – in ways that enable our people to do their best work.
How to apply
Apply through this link