Head of Portfolio Support
Location: Anywhere, but we are biased toward candidates who are located in Lagos, Abuja, Accra, Cairo and Nairobi.
About the Role at Ventures Platform Fund
We are scaling our work of partnering early with bold founders building transformative startups across Africa, and to enable this mission; we are looking for a rockstar, who will be primarily responsible for leading VP’s post Investment activities which include; monitoring and evaluation; providing support; curating value-adding tools and partnership for the portfolio; acting as the primary point of contact, and unlocking network value across VP.
We will rely on you for/to:
- Post Investment support– consistently evaluate portfolio company performance and needs to determine how best VP can help plug gaps, provide value-add, and leverage our network to support the growth of our startups.
- Preempt incoming challenges and intervene – Monitor trends, market changes, and regulatory sentiments and triage companies to quickly determine needs and strategic choices.
- Community building – Support the building of the portfolio founder community to unlock value and improve collaboration.
- Secure critical partnerships & linkages – Source, onboard, introduce and manage key relationships to support the growth of the Fund’s portfolio companies with corporates and various other service providers.
- Build capacity and tools to support founders in critical areas – Key areas including; hiring, expansion, growth, and regulatory issues.
- Internal Reporting – Receive and review portfolio company reporting, provide timely constructive feedback, and maintain portfolio company dashboards that enable internal M&E.
- Serve as a clearinghouse – Manage the interaction of startups with various VP resources, including team members, mentors, and venture partners.
Skills and requirements
This role could be perfect for you if you are/have:
- A vast network of relationships in the corporate, startup, and regulatory ecosystems across Africa
- You have broad experience working in management levels at a startup.
- You have exceptional analytical, organizational, and communication skills and can handle sensitive information confidentially.
- You have an extraordinary ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and the ability to change focus quickly as demands change.
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
Anywhere, but we are biased toward candidates who are located in Lagos, Abuja, Accra, Cairo and Nairobi.
The role also requires some level of local and international Travel.
Your application cover letter should be no more than a page (A4), describing what you think about our work and why you are the best person to join us in this role.
Great place to work
Great work culture
Training & Development
Flexible work hours
Competitive staff benefits
About Ventures Platform Fund
We are an early stage “discovery” fund that invests in mission-driven founders building capital-efficient platforms that democratize prosperity, plug infrastructural gaps, connect underrepresented communities, solve for non-consumption and improve livelihoods in Africa. The startups in our portfolio are worth over $2B in market value today. We are early investors in companies like Paystack, Piggyvest, Mono, MDAAS, SeamlessHR, and many more exciting companies.
The work we do at VP means a lot to us, and we are driven by baseline values that represent who we are as a team and how we work to get the job done. We are proud to share that a small, close-knit team has grown our practice to date, and we believe that holding fast to our values has been instrumental to our progress, and so if they resonate with you as well, then you are the kind of person we need on board.
- We do good: We always ask the “why” and “what” of the work we do to ensure we are constantly aligned with our overall objective of solving critical problems in Africa, improving lives while delivering returns to our investors.
- We are Human: We understand and value our People, Founders, Investors, and Partners as our most important asset in achieving anything, and so we are supportive, helpful, attentive, and considerate of everyone we work with.
- We are Resourceful: We always look for quick and effective ways to overcome constraints. We rarely use the word ” impossible” or “I can’t”. We will always find ingenious ways to achieve our core objectives irrespective of any constraints.
- We strive for excellence: We respect our processes and systems. We also communicate and engage with people in a manner that speaks well of our firm and ourselves. We make no excuses; we put our best foot forward by being thorough, well-informed, and delivering expertise.
- We value Integrity: We are sincere in our actions and communications. We see no value in living deceitfully. We keep our word and can be held by them.
- Shared Success: We believe that success can only be achieved when everyone pitches in. We trust each other to take ownership and support one another when we go through glitches or failures.
- Flexibility: We are flexible, we welcome blended (on-prem + remote) working, and we are open to trying new experiments at work – in ways that enable our people to do their best work.
How to Apply
To find out more about the role and to apply follow this link