The Accion Global Investments team is looking for an Investment Analyst with a strong track record supporting the growth of portfolio companies in financial services and other relevant industries. This person will proactively help our team’s investment officers with their portfolio management work and will support the development of pipeline investment opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about financial analysis and research and excited to learn more about the financial inclusion space.
Working across the investment team, the Analyst will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and to contribute meaningfully to the team’s work.
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of — or poorly served by — the financial sector. For 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 170 partners in 55 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
About Accion Global Investments
We invest in established financial services providers that support underserved micro entrepreneurs, families, and individuals in emerging markets. We work closely with Accion’s digital advisory services group, Global Advisory Solutions to provide strategic and operational support to our portfolio companies, with the goal of developing commercially sustainable businesses that realize social and financial returns.
Why you should consider working with us:
- We are a globally diverse team working in collaboration towards our shared mission of financial inclusion. Our core values include excellence, respect, and passion for social change. As a team, we share a passion for social impact and believe in the power of financial inclusion to transform the lives of underserved communities.
- We are leaders in our industry. Over more than twenty years, we have founded, invested in, and helped operate some of the world’s leading microfinance institutions and innovative financial service providers, building demonstration models for the market and catalyzing the capital markets to transform financial services for the underserved.
- We get ambitious things done in a supportive environment. As a member of our team, you will have an ambitious agenda, but you will get plenty of support from your managers and team—in addition to regular learning events, an individual professional development benefit, peer brainstorm and review opportunities, as well as opportunities to collaborate with leaders in our field.
- We appreciate each other as people. We know that to grow we need to surround ourselves with people who have had different experiences and backgrounds to ensure creativity of thought and constant learning. We celebrate creativity and learn from our mistakes. In this position you will have the opportunity to lead global projects and to grow and advance with the team.
The ideal candidate will have work experience in investment banking, private equity, or in a corporate finance role at the portfolio company level. They will also have direct working experience in emerging markets, particularly in India, and ideally will have a solid understanding of the financial services sectors in India and other emerging markets in South or Southeast Asia. Familiarity with markets in Africa and Latin America is a plus. We are also looking for experience analyzing the historic performance and growth prospects of financial services providers.
Provide support on transactions, which includes:
- Conducting due diligence, market research, company analysis, and development of investment proposals.
- Independently building valuation models for portfolio companies and being able to substantiate model assumptions and sensitivities.
- Independently sourcing information on comparable companies and precedent transactions to create holistic valuations using multiple valuation methodologies.
Assist with portfolio management, which includes:
- Analyzing trends in portfolio company performance.
- Actively monitoring macroeconomic trends to keep the team aware of industry developments in key markets.
- Creating summaries of the performance and outlook of potential pipeline companies to help organize pipeline opportunities.
Support team communication needs, which includes:
- Supporting the team in communications with external auditors, particularly on auditor’s questions around portfolio company valuations.
- Assisting the team in liaising with management at portfolio companies and in providing strategic support to portfolio companies as needed.
- Generally, 3 years of work experience, with significant time spent working in emerging markets and financial services.
- Strong technical skills in advanced financial modelling, excel, and research.
- Proven track record in financial analysis and in supporting the growth of portfolio companies in financial services / financial inclusion.
- Experience in developing executive presentations and communications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required, other languages, particularly Spanish or French, a plus.
- Strong attention to delivery and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently while also keeping supervisor and teammates informed of progress.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple initiatives at one time.
- Pragmatic problem-solver, forward thinker with independence of thought.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect, and passion for social change.
To apply, click HERE