London, DC, Nairobi Or Singapore
GIF is seeking an Investment Associate (maternity cover) to join its dynamic private sector investment team, which finds and funds innovations that have the potential to measurably improve the lives of the world’s poorest people. The Investment Associate will primarily 1) support deal teams in sourcing and evaluating investments that align with GIF’s goal of scaling promising social innovations through the private sector; 2) support GIF’s portfolio management; and, 3) contribute across the organization to support the organization’s needs, including stakeholder management, resource mobilization and reporting. The Associate will report to a GIF Investment Director for private sector investments or his/her designee.
The role is offered initially on a fixed term contract basis of 12 months with the possibility to extend. This role can be based at any of our offices: London, Washington DC, Nairobi or Singapore. Any job offer made will be subject to the successful candidate having the authorisation to work in and already be living in the chosen location prior to commencing work at GIF.
The target start day is ASAP.
- Supporting deal leads in evaluating equity and debt investment opportunities to make significant improvements in the lives and opportunities of millions of people living in the developing world• Participating in deal teams that are actively sourcing and developing opportunities to pilot, test or scale promising private sector social innovations, including from social enterprises, large companies, start-ups and individuals• Screening proposals and applications submitted through GIF’s open application platform
• Supporting Investment Directors conducting due diligence, research and social impact analysis, and making investment recommendations
• Supporting GIF’s portfolio management team to track and analyze investment performance against both financial and social impact metrics
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in investment banking, private investment, development finance, strategic consulting or a related field, where the candidate has gained solid knowledge of the private investment process and the skills necessary to support investments and portfolio management.
- Top tier analytic, strategic thinking and project management skills, including financial modeling, writing and presentations.
- Professional experience working in the developing world (South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, or Latin America) is a very strong plus;
- Demonstrated commitment to or interest in international development and social innovation.
- Commitment to evidence-based decision-making and social impact evaluation.
- Advanced degree in finance, business administration or similarly relevant field preferred; additional relevant professional experience may substitute for an advanced degree.
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven experience thriving in uncharted waters.
- High energy and an entrepreneurial mindset; self-motivated and excited by high-growth environments.
- Passion, humility, integrity, team player, proven self-direction and a spirited sense of humour.
To apply, click HERE