The position requires frequent travel to countries within the region to present the mandate, for due diligence and for monitoring the investees
You will be based in Nairobi, Kenya/ Western Africa
40 hours per week
As an Investment Manager you are responsible for the full investment cycle of equity and debt-based investments into companies active in the access to energy eco-system in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- This position requires a solid experience and track record of direct investments in Africa
- A solid background in the direct investment space of minimum 8 years is required. Moreover, you have experience
analyzing business plans and financial statements, developing deal structures and monitoring investments
- You have demonstrable communication skills and are able to disseminate knowledge and mediate between different
- Your negotiation skills are excellent and you are capable of representing the fund we manage.
- You feel comfortable working in a team spread across the globe, while independently developing new and managing
Specific desired competencies
- Must-have: Solid transferable experience and track record of direct investments in Emerging Markets;
- Investment experience in early-stage stage companies (VC or growth) and in Africa strongly preferred;
- Transactional experience (PE, corporate debt, mezzanine or M&A) and demonstrated corporate finance rigor;
- Ideally investment experience with e-commerce, tech-enabled (e.g. digital) service and product companies or energy enterprises;
- Ideally deal structuring experience;
- Experience in writing Investment Committee papers in English
- Ideally monitoring lead (board or board observer) experience;
- Proficiency in verbal and written English is required, knowledge of French in particular, but also Portuguese or local languages is considered a plus;
- Advanced Excel modelling skills;
- Existing working permit considered a plus;
- Local candidates are encouraged to apply
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking;
- Good negotiator;
- Team player
Triple Jump offers you:
- The opportunity to work within a growing, entrepreneurial organization in the impact investing sector;
- Competitive salary for the impact investing sector including a fixed year-end payment, a variable incentive
arrangement and pension arrangement;
- A dynamic, multi-cultural and collegial working environment
Are you interested? Send your application to the attention of Willem Boymans, HR Officer Triple Jump, before October 30,2020.
More information about the position can be obtained through Jan-Henrik Kuhlmann (Head of Sustainable Energy) at +31 20 220 2852 or visit https://jobs.triplejump.eu/o/investment-manager-access-to-energy-africa.