Temporarily Remote; Flexible with a preference for Philadelphia or New York.
SVC is a small team, operating 100% remote for the foreseeable future. We understand there are challenges to working remotely during COVID, and we work with each team member to find reasonable solutions when those challenges arise.
We are a highly collaborative and supportive team that emphasizes communication, creativity, integrity, accountability, problem solving, and personal wellbeing. SVC is a mission-driven organization committed to building an economy that is regenerative, equitable, and prosperous for all and we seek a new team member who is passionate about galvanizing the
business world to create social, economic, and environmental change. We believe racial justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion must be at the foundation of the work we do as an organization and the world we are striving to build.
Social Venture Circle is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. SVC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability (including HIV status), veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations and applies to all SVC employees, volunteers, members, clients, and contractors.
Primary Responsibilities: Manager of Investor Programming & Services
The Manager of Investor Programming & Services facilitates programming and opportunities for investor members seeking to fund and support the development of impact enterprises that drive the NEXT economy. This includes cultivating deal flow, facilitating national and local investor meetings and events, preparing entrepreneurs to present, tracking investments, developing partnerships with values aligned organizations, and serving as the primary point of contact for investor members.
- Manage online deal application platform. Ensure that it is up-to-date, accurate, and meeting the needs of our members.
- Cultivate deal flow through marketing, partnerships, member communications, and speaking/participation in ecosystem events
- Coordinate investor and entrepreneur calls for network-wide due diligence
- Track all deals in active due diligence with investors
- Coordinate data/document requests with entrepreneurs
- Disseminate information about companies in due diligence to interested SVC members
- Provide Hot Deal Alerts to SVC Membership
- Manage SVC investment portfolio and company performance tracking and management systems
- Report investor interest and investment activity to staff, members, and other key stakeholders
- Manage and coordinate monthly investor meetings in our active local markets CO, MN, NY,PHL, NC
- Manage sponsor relationships tied to local networks and investor activities
- Manage and coordinate monthly Due Diligence/National Investor meetings
- Manage and coordinate SVC Impact Investor Groups for Energy & Environment, Sustainable Food & Agriculture
- Provide ongoing support to SVC Member-Led Peer Action Group Pilots: SVC Nature Group & SVC Community Capital Group
- Work directly with members to efficiently leverage their expertise to support deal flow, programs, and event development
- Support recruitment and retention efforts of investor members
- Draft and Manage all communications to investors
- Short Term: Manage & Coordinate SVC’s National Pitch Event, Beyond the Pitch to be held on December 1
- 24 Days of PTO/Sick Annually
- 401b plan
Qualifications & Proficiencies
Must have qualifications:
- Relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and remotely
- Highly organized
- Technologically savvy
Preferred Tech Proficiencies:
- G Suite
- Office Suite
- Social (IG, FB, TW, LI)
- Adobe CS
- Send cover letter, resume, contact information for three references (phone and email) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are due September 30.
- Interviews will be held in early October with an expected start date of November 2.