Program Director, Special Initiatives – UBS
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Job Type Full Time, Temporary / Contract
Program Director Role
Are you an experienced, innovative social sector program director and/ or have experience in the areas of education, health, child protection or the environment? Are you passionate about helping to solve the Sustainable Development Goals?
We are looking for a Program Director in the UBS Optimus Foundation to manage coordination amongst program staff and lead special initiatives on behalf of the team head temporarily during 9 months:
• handle inquiries, delegate to appropriate team members or develop action plans to address them, and assist with the preparation and dissemination of communications
• perform varying duties depending on the shifting needs and priorities of the team and its staff members
• serve as liaison between staff and program heads, regarding project updates, proposals, and planning
• organize and gather information from various team members, meetings and report that information, along with recommendations, to team heads
• participate in strategic initiatives by leading them and reporting results back
• analyze current program team processes and recommend improvements to increase efficiency and coordination within the team
You’ll be working at a UBS Optimus Foundation in Zurich. UBS Optimus Foundation is an award-winning, expert grant-making foundation that helps UBS clients use their wealth to drive viable, scalable solutions to the pressing issues and problems the world is facing.
UBS Optimus Foundation is predominantly focused on children and granted in 2019 around CHF 89.5m to programs in child health, education and child protection around the world, in Asia, Africa, Latin America, US and Europe. UBS Optimus is expanding – it has just opened a new office in Singapore and will soon be establishing a new entity in India. In 2020, climate and environment was added to our program priority areas.
The role is crucial to Optimus’ future success in improving children’s lives and leaving them a planet on which they can thrive.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
At least 10 years’ work experience, significant portion of work experience on topics related to education, health, environment or child protection
• previous experience working with private philanthropists or private investors, or in management consulting
• track record of successfully delivering multi-partner initiatives in the social sector or a strong understanding of what this could look like
• gravitas and maturity to work collaboratively with wide range of partners including UBS Optimus colleagues, UBS bank colleagues, foundation board and senior management, client philanthropists, experts, grantees and other development stakeholders
• strong analytical and qualitative problem-solver; able to quickly get up to speed, identify issues and key focus areas
• able to work independently in a high demand environment while proactively engaging with colleagues and sharing your knowledge and experience
• comfortable working in a flexible environment, capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously and dealing with uncertainty and change
• fluent in English, any additional languages a plus, in particular German and French
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How to Apply
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Apply through this link
UBS Business Solutions AG
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.