Note: this internship is open to students who don’t speak fluent French and have a perfect command of English
The French Development Agency (AFD) finances large-scale economic projects in the fields
urban development and infrastructure, rural development, industry, systems
finance as well as in education and health.
Subsidiary of AFD dedicated to the private sector, PROPARCO participates in the financing and support
companies and financial institutions to encourage private investment in emerging countries
and development (in Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East) in favor of growth and
PROPARCO’s Investments department is involved in corporate finance transactions, in taking
direct or indirect holdings (investment funds).
Within this department, PROPARCO is looking for an Analyst intern for its division
Financial Institutions & Venture Capital, for a period of 6 months, to be filled for September 2022.
This division is in charge of the following interventions:
– Equity investments in innovative start-ups (cleantech, fintech, healthtech, etc.) at stages of
early stage development, and in high-impact Venture Capital funds
– Direct equity investments in the capital of financial institutions (banks, insurance, leasing, etc.) and
funds specializing in this theme Within this division, your main missions will be:
– Financial, strategic and competitive analysis of targets, their sector of activity and their market;
– Modeling and valuation of investment operations;
– Contribution to the drafting of investment memoranda;
– Active monitoring of comparable investment operations in the area;
– Monitoring of companies in PROPARCO’s portfolio;
– Assistance in the creation and maintenance of databases on VC activity in our areas of intervention;
– Contribution to the execution of investments in the financial sector;
– Contribution to transversal projects within the division.
– Student at Master level, you are doing a gap year or an end-of-study internship.
– You are curious, and have a strong interest in new technologies and their applications
in developing countries, and you are sensitive to development issues;
– You have a taste for teamwork, and a good sense of humor;
– You are motivated, proactive and rigorous;
– You master corporate finance and financial modeling on Excel;
– You have excellent writing skills in English and French;
– You are fluent in oral and written English;
– A first experience in Africa is a plus.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the title “Internship IAB – NAME FIRST NAME”
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Intern
Job Type: Internship
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.