Calvert impact Capital is seeking to fill an analyst position on its Investments team to support portfolio management and credit analysis on our global portfolio. The role requires someone with strong financial analysis and Excel modeling skills, effective communications skills, a desire to understand organizations and financing structures spanning a wide variety of impact sectors and geographies, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual must also provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and be strongly committed to the mission of Calvert Impact Capital. This position will report to a Director on the Investments team but will work closely with all members of the team. This is a terrific opportunity for someone earlier in their career interested in investing for positive social and environmental impact.
• Review and analyze quarterly and annual borrower financial and other reporting, including
updating financial and impact spreads, confirming covenant compliance and reporting on
progress, trends and/or challenges;
• Collaborating with Investment Officers on investment modifications and covenant waivers
• Support Investment team members with collection of annual and quarterly due diligence
materials from borrowers including financial and impact data;
• Collaborate with Investment Officers on investment analysis and due diligence of new debt
and equity investments
• Help administer investment committee scheduling and minutes
Support Loan Administration on loan closings and servicing as needed;
• Be a positive contributor to our high-performing, mission-driven culture;
• Engage with colleagues on the team and across the organization on special projects as
The ideal candidate:
• Has the ability to construct basic financial models in Excel;
• Is systems and process minded and is familiar with relational databases (eg, Salesforce,
Airtable, and Power BI);
• Has the ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently:
• Has strong written and oral communication skills;
• Thrives at multi-tasking and skilled at prioritizing competing demands;
• Has a keen intellect combined with a good sense of humor and solid personal integrity;
• Has a positive, forward-looking approach directed to overcoming obstacles and a “can-do”
attitude to implement solutions;
• Has an undergraduate degree, with relevant coursework in accounting or finance;
Is fluent in English and has high-level proficiency in a second language (Spanish preferred).
A Career with Calvert Impact Capital
Calvert Impact Capital is committed to building an organization that is diverse and inclusive, as we believe that this is essential to our success. Our culture is best described as passion-driven, transparent, collaborative, and fun.
For employees and eligible dependents, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental coverage, as well as disability coverage, life insurance, personal time off and sick leave. Our employer-sponsored retirement plan includes a generous match to 401K contributions for employees after 90 days of employment. We also offer stipends for professional development activities, fitness memberships, and transportation.
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Investment Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Regions: North America
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.