• Refine and further develop strategy for engaging with large numbers of schools at the global level
• Develop research agenda around school-based innovation
• Manage portfolio of existing grants to school networks/aggregators and establish synergies and mutually beneficial exchanges between them
• Identify and develop new partnerships
• Oversee Learning Schools team and coach/mentor junior staff as well as external collaborators
• Represent the foundation at external events
• Become thought leader in global education debates around the role of schools in transforming education systems
• Collaborate closely with and contribute to the other portfolios of the Foundation (research and systems change oriented)
Qualifications and Experience
• Advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in a social or behavioral science is required.
• Min. 8 years of relevant progressively responsible professional experience in a foundation / NGO / multilateral organization focusing on child learning and development are required
• Established network in the international education community is required
• Proven ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels, including providing technical support and capacity building and establishing/managing external partnerships, is required
• Demonstrated ability to stay current with new developments in the field of education and learning is required.
• Proven ability to manage educational projects, including identifying behavioral drivers, and tracking, measurement, and evaluation of learning progress, is desirable.
• Work and life experience in an African or Latin American country is required.
• Practical experience in the education sector (e.g., as a teacher or school administrator) would be an asset
• Fluency in English is required; skills in German, French, or Spanish are an advantage
• Willingness to relocate to Zurich/Switzerland and to travel internationally
What the Jacobs Foundation offers
• A dynamic, international, and highly supportive working environment with a meaningful purpose
• Attractive employment conditions
• The opportunity to contribute to the Foundation’s investment in the future of young people by transforming learning and education worldwide
• Working as part of a small, cohesive team in a beautifully located historic building in our Zurich office
How to Apply
Before applying, please check that you can answer yes to all the following questions:
• Do you have an advanced degree in social or behavioral science?
• Are you willing to work on site in Zurich approx. 3 days per week (incl. relocation to Switzerland, if applicable)?
Please provide a CV and cover letter in two different documents, which should be prepared before applying as they will be considered in the application process.
The cover letter should be no more than two pages long and explain why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Co-Leadership
Job Type: Full Time
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.