Within Palladium, Palladium Impact Capital is a leading impact investment bank, combining strengths at the intersection of impact investing, international development, and strategy consultancy. We are looking for a corporate finance professional with extensive transaction experience who can support the development of our business by taking responsibility for a specific sector or product area. The Director will be responsible for business development and project execution, supported by our pool of junior and mid-level professionals and building on our strong track record, networks, and reputation. We are filling a number of roles and are particularly interested in candidates with prior experience in energy, nature-based solutions, or financial inclusion.
We are a team of 17 corporate finance and impact investing professionals, based broadly in London, New York, and Washington, D.C., tackling global and local problems that require creative, hands-on and people-focused approaches to mobilizing capital and unlocking positive impact. There is increasing urgency to direct financial and human capital towards social inclusion and justice and environmental regeneration, and we are looking for resourceful, purpose-driven people to join our flat and rapidly growing team. We believe in equal opportunities and value diversity in our team.
Our clients are mission-driven companies from across the world, with the majority of our clients based in or focused on emerging markets, and in a wide array of sectors of the impact economy.
The position is based in either Palladium’s New York City, NY or London, UK office. The selected individual must hold work authorization in one of these locations to be eligible for consideration.
You and Your Career:
If you are a strategic leader in impact investing with expertise in finance transactions and business development, and you are driven to have a direct impact on people and the environment, we are interested in hearing from you.
We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
• The role reports to the Managing Director, Palladium Impact Capital
• Key relationships will be both with the direct manager, project managers, and the wider team
• This role will likely have at least one, but likely more, direct reports which will require close management in line with our performance excellence model
• When working on a particular transaction, the Director will oversee a designated transaction lead
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop the origination strategy for a respective business area
• Establish and maintain relationships in the industry
• Oversee the preparation of marketing materials, proposals/ pitch documents
• Lead preparation of proposals
Mandate execution and project management
• Primary responsibility for client relationships and service delivery
• Lead transaction management
• Oversee the preparation of client deliverables
• Provide oversight to project managers through project execution
• Contribute to the knowledge base of the team and improvement of internal processes and tools
• Support the raising of our profile through written thought pieces and public speaking
• Supporting and guiding more junior colleagues
• Support the overall management of the business, including in areas of strategy development, compliance, attracting and fostering talent and the development of best practices
The role carries a great degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation. The role is required to:
• Identify and act on business opportunities
• Formulate a view on the desirability of individual assignments and decide on opportunities in conjunction with the team’s leadership
• Approve most client deliverables
Key Competencies Required:
Shares our values and passions
• Sees impact investing as a means to shift the paradigm and transform the world of finance to work better for the world
• Always looks for root causes of problems and is able to see them in their broader context
• Can come up with creative solutions to complex issues and see them through their implementation
• Is willing to learn and is someone who we can learn from
Has a strong work ethic
• Can balance multiple demands with keen attention to detail
• Displays strong initiative and ability to work independently
• Can deliver consistently high levels of accuracy, efficiency and follow-through
• Has the ability to exercise independent judgment and proactively ask questions as needed
Has the desire to succeed in a transaction environment and in impact investment
• Track record of leading on the implementation of funding and/or M&A transactions, most likely gained in an investment banking environment
• Experience operating in a regulated environment
• Experience in one of the following: corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, development finance, venture capital, accountancy or related fields
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Sound understanding of financial modelling
• Ability to structure and organize datasets in Excel
• Proficient in using PowerPoint and Word
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred:
• Working knowledge of Spanish and / or French
• Prior emerging market experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, South and Southeast Asia, and Latin America
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Director
Job Type: Full Time
Regions: Europe, North America
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.