The ESG Analyst, Sustainable Investing is a member of the Sustainability team, within Private Markets, working under the Sustainable Investing leads for Infrastructure and Private Equity & Credit. This position supports all aspects of the Private Markets’ sustainable investing activities, including environmental, social and corporate governance factors (ESG) integration, and internal and external ESG-related reporting.
- Supports the Infrastructure and Private Equity & Credit investment teams with the integration of ESG into their investment decision-making, risk management and active ownership practices.
- Assists with the ESG monitoring of our investments and provides analysis on the data collected, including climate and GHG data.
- Engages with a wide range of teams and work collaboratively with the Private Markets investment teams, support functions, and Manulife’s Sustainability team.
- Supports reporting to industry benchmarks (i.e. Principles for Responsible Investing, GRESB), annual reports, articles, website, speaking engagements, and communication with stakeholders on all Private Markets asset classes.
- Reviews sustainable investing industry information, ESG risks and related financial and industry trends, issues and regulatory developments and supports the adaptation as necessary.
- Responds to internal and external requests for ESG data, case studies, RFP responses and other information.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of best practices in sustainable investing.
- University degree in a related field of study.
- At least 1-4 years’ experience in private markets, sustainable investing/ESG, consulting, or another relevant discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of corporate governance, social, and environmental issues.
- Excellent people leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Strong research skills and ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience with the Principles for Responsible Investing (PRI), GRESB, Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD), MSCI, CDP, SASB, or SBTi’s are nice-to-haves.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for?