IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Duties and Accountabilities:
IFC is now recruiting an India gender program coordinator with experience in private sector development and gender to support IFC’s gender work in India. The Gender Program Coordinator will report to the Senior Operations Officer for Gender in South Asia (SA). The role will focus on direct client services in this area and enable strategy and partnership development across India country engagements in close collaboration with the front office. For this work, the Gender Program Coordinator will support business development, project design and day-to-day delivery of advisory services to clients as well as knowledge management, communications, and research. In addition, the Gender coordinator will serve as a resource on gender issues and related investment and advisory opportunities in India for project teams and provide support to India’s country manager on gender-related activities.
The candidate should be a professional with 7-10 years of experience in private sector development and closing gender gaps. S/he should have some experience in managing the execution of projects.
• Master’s degree in economics, business, gender or other relevant disciplines required
• A minimum of 7 years of professional experience is a requirement.
• Demonstrated understanding of business drivers and direct experience in or with the private sector. Strong networks and existing relationships within the private sector in India
• Work experience in an emerging market environment strongly preferred, experience in South Asia region is a requirement. Experience working with WBG systems and/ or direct experience in India
• Proven ability to conceptualize, design and implement client engagements. Strong project management experience and demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
• Demonstrated assertiveness and confidence to be able to manage consultants and complex administrative procedures.
• Strong ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions- strong writing and editing skills required. Excellent communication skills in English, written and oral required. Local language skills are an advantage
• Ability to work effectively under time pressure with high capacity to produce quality work
• Highly collaborative, curious, innovative, and entrepreneurial while flexibly able to adapt to working in a large development finance institution
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
Job Status: Closed
Job Sectors: Coordinator
Job Type: Contract
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.