Supporting the Chief Impact Officer (CIO), as well as the Investment team, by co-owning and further developing our approach to sustainable and impact investing and focusing on the delivery of our commitments to investing with purpose (for example, our Science Based Target and our Net Zero 2025 Scopes 1,2 and 3 commitment). This role is all about delivery, and comes with responsibility for managing and working with the Impact Stewardship Associate (who leads on our fund engagement).
We pride ourselves on our investment approach we have with our third-party fund managers and through the direct investing we do. We set a high bar for performance (both for our funds and ourselves). This role will be responsible for:
- Managing the programme of engagement and stewardship we have with our third- party fund managers, working with the Impact Stewardship Associate and with the support of the CIO
- Co-leading on the engagement and active ownership of the direct equities we invest in, with the support of the CIO.
- Engaging and supporting our Wealth Management team in how we secure, manage and inspire our clients to achieve their financial and extra financial gaols with their wealth.
- Managing the portfolio monitoring and review process we have in place to ensure mission alignment with each of our client’s portfolios, working with the CIOs.
- Managing the programme of analysing new and existing listed and non-listed funds on their environmental, social and governance (ESGI performance and the management of their respective ESG risks and opportunities, working with the Impact Stewardship Associate and with the support of the CIO.
- Managing, reporting and communicating the impact of our fund engagement and stewardship internally and externally to all hey stakeholders (clients, investors, regulators, Tribe employees etc) as well as managing relationships with hey data providers to support in this.
- Supporting the CIO (and Chief Investment Officer) on further developing the strategy for sustainable and impact investing, including new product development, our proprietary AMI Framework and ImpactDNA*” toolkits, and our definition of and pursuit of long term, positive impact.
- Co-owning the delivery of our commitment to a Science Based Target (currently being assessed) and our Net Zero 2025 commitment, working to identify the best options for the business, our clients and society.
- Supporting the CIO on public policy and market leadership and advocacy.
- Supporting our thought leadership research exploring sustainable impact, investment and growth.
Experience, key skills and competency requirements:
- At least 10 years’ experience in sustainable finance and/or in house sustainability with demonstrable evidence of stakeholder engagement and management, strategy development and performance
- Preferably demonstrable evidence of hey learning in one or more sustainability areas
- Thorough understanding of the sustainable investing regulatory landscape in the UIF, Europe and
- Deep knowledge of the UN SDGs / social, environmental and economic issues
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and other CRM and data management software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Ability to work closely with all disciplines across the business
- Adaptive to change in a fast-paced environment
- Language skills desirable
- Able to work well with a small team, particularly in close partnership with the ChiefImpact Officer, Chief Investment Officer and broader investment team
- Excellent line management skills including personal development experience
- Motivated and comfortable working with a degree of autonomy
- As comfortable executing as they are strategizing
- Curious and not afraid to ash questions
- Confident without excluding other opinions
- Empathetic to alternative points of views and experiences
- Willing to learn, find out the answer if they don’t l‹now
- Excellent communication slcills, both in terms of conveying the message, but also malting sure it’s embedded within the culture
- Always acting with integrity
- Comfortable bringing their true self to work. We’re a mission-driven business that thrives on authenticity, honesty and self-expression
We are a values-driven organisation. As a team, our values underpin our shared beliefs, and in turn guide our culture and behaviour.
Our core values are:
- Forward-thinking – we’re working today for a better tomorrow
- Collaborative – we are better together
- Passionate – we love what we do, and it shows
These three together are underpinned by our behavioural foundation: integrity.
These values and our mission give us our sense of purpose: we want to support wealth holders who want to do well by doing good.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you think you’re perfect for this role and Tribe to email@example.com