Impact Investing Analyst
The Analyst role is designed for a highly motivated, ambitious, and intellectually curious individual who is eager to learn about the role that private capital can play in addressing large social and environmental problems. The Analyst will be involved throughout the investment and impact management process, and will help the Nuveen Global Impact team to grow by providing analytical and operational support to the various investment team members and strategies. Nuveen Global Impact team has a market-leading impact management approach, for which this Analyst will be partially responsible. The team currently possesses a strong, cohesive and supportive culture, employing a collaborative approach to invest in and add value to impactful portfolio companies around the world. The investment strategy focuses on backing growth-stage impact companies generating measurable outcomes to address critical social and environmental challenges.
This position will be based in our New York City office and is typically a two-year assignment. Some Analysts may return to the group after completing business school, and in certain instances, some may be given an opportunity for direct promotion or seek a role with a different group within Nuveen after the completion of their initial two-year program.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Support investment teams to execute direct and fund investments on behalf of clients, by:
- Participating in and supporting the direct investment process, under the guidance of Directors and Senior Associates, from opportunity identification through due diligence and deal closing.
- Overseeing administration and ongoing monitoring for Nuveen’s Impact Funds program, including supporting senior members of the team with underwriting new fund investments.
- Administer impact data collection and analysis in line with Nuveen Global Impact Team’s Impact Management processes.
- Build on Nuveen’s existing ESG and Impact Management processes, developing new tools and resources to help the team to better understand social and environmental performance.
- Support portfolio engagements with other members of Nuveen’s impact investment team.
- Project manage internal reporting processes for the impact team.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, experience with excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel/Word/Powerpoint/Outlook
- Understanding of ESG, impact measurement, or monitoring and evaluation strongly preferred.
- Humility and/or ability to engage with diverse stakeholders; discretion and ability to navigate sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated experience (through coursework, internship, or career) with capital markets and/or corporate finance.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to develop and communicate data-informed decisions to colleagues.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- Experience in ESG or Impact Investing highly preferred
- University Degree Preferred
Potential Salary: $120,750.00 USDActual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755