We are looking for a dynamic and fast-learning candidate with a passion for social entrepreneurship, measurement and impact investing. The ideal candidate will bring experience in business and financial analysis of impact enterprises. Our future Associate will fill an exciting role that includes the following responsibilities:
• Support the implementation of Impact-Linked Finance programs and transactions including:
o Conduct background research and documenting findings
o Develop outreach and communication materials
o Contribute to the design, structuring and implementation of transactions
o Liaise with partners regarding day-to-day implementation
o Prepare all relevant documents for decision making, monitoring, and reporting
• Support in the development of guidelines and standards to further develop the Impact Linked
• Support on external advisory mandates for partners interested in implementing Impact Linked Finance
These responsibilities are Associate-specific. However, we are open to explore the potential for a more
senior role depending on your experience and capabilities.
Could this be you?
What you should bring:
• A passion for making finance work for positive impact, and a desire to become an integral part
of the Roots of Impact team and vision
• A post-graduate degree in Finance/Business/Development or equivalent training/experience
• At least 2 years of relevant professional working experience, particularly in business and data
analysis/ financial modelling/ impact measurement and management; experience in working
with impact enterprises in developing countries is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; fluency in other languages
(particularly French) is a plus
• Sound problem solving skills
• Attention to detail and a proactive attitude
• Curiosity, drive and confidence in working in a diverse cultural context
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines while delivering high quality work
• Experience in consulting or impact investing is a plus
• Experience in WASH, education, health and agriculture is a plus
How to apply
If you are a self-starter who wants to disrupt traditional finance and create effective solutions for
scaling positive impact, we look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line “Application: Impact-Linked Finance Associate”.
Please ensure that you include your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary
expectations and current and proposed place of residence in your cover email.