Elevar Equity fuels the economic resilience and vibrancy of underserved customers and low income communities by investing early growth capital in entrepreneurs building at the intersection of inclusivity, affordability and massive scale. Led by an entrepreneurial emerging markets team passionate about addressing issues of access and inequity, Elevar invests in businesses that demonstrate a direct correlation between high impact and returns. So far in its 15-year journey, the Elevar Method of investing has democratized essential products and services for over 40 million households and catalyzed billions of dollars of capital into 40+ companies across India and Latin America.
If our journey intrigues you, if you have a sense of urgency to drive transformational change for low income communities and you want to work with a diverse, international and cross-continental team, then this position could be the right one for you.
POSITION & RESPONSIBILITIES: Our analyst will be a part of the Latin America investment team and will be based in Mexico City, Mexico. Activities associated with this role include but are not limited to: i) transaction support: reviewing business plans, summarizing findings, preparing reports and supporting due diligence efforts, including field visits and industry analysis; ii) financial analysis support: building financial models, exit scenarios, capitalization tables and developing valuation methodologies; iii) portfolio company management: tracking and analyzing financial and operating metrics, preparing quarterly performance reports, and working on company-specific projects.
CRITERIA TO BE AN ELEVARIAN: We are looking for a candidate who has a rare mix of confidence, excellence, curiosity and humility – and who has demonstrated skills / attributes based on the following criteria:
● Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Actuarial Sciences or Engineering.
● At least 1 year of related professional experience – ideally in investment banking / PE / VC. Willingness to unlearn and relearn at Elevar.
● Ability to build and analyze financial models, understand business models, navigate large datasets to distill key points.
● Strong research capabilities and an aptitude for project management.
● Exceptional business communication skills in English and Spanish (written and spoken).
● Execution orientation: can work independently and get things done without continuous supervision.
● Someone who is mature and professional. This person is also proactive, pays attention to detail, has a willingness to work hard, takes ownership and is a team player.
● Willingness to travel throughout the Latin America region.
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Investment Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Regions: North America
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.