ABOUT COLORFUL CAPITAL: Colorful Capital is a venture capital (VC) firm with a focus on investment in scalable, early-stage, venture-backable enterprises launched and led by LGBTQ+ founders whose potential and investability have been routinely underestimated by mainstream capital providers. By filling financing gaps and overcoming bias, we intend to bridge divides and strengthen economic opportunity.
Diverse gender and sexual identity and expression is too often a barrier to access to capital and inclusion in traditional financial market flows. By investing in, supporting, and celebrating members of our communities and the ventures they build and grow, Colorful Capital will provide opportunity, spotlight, and a pathway to success for promising ventures and their fabulous leaders.
ABOUT THE ROLE: The Investment Principal within Colorful Capital will drive the strategy, engagement, and investment in select early-stage companies aligned with our focus on innovative startups founded and led by members of the LQBTQ+ community. Fund I is a generalist fund investing across tech, SaaS, b2b, consumer tech and products, health, food innovation, climate tech, fintech, edtech, media, and beyond. The role will include managing close partnerships with LPs, building deal flow, bringing forward recommendations for investment, supporting negotiation and approval of investments, and finding ways for Colorful Capital to deliver value to portfolio companies. While the initial engagement for this role will likely take the form of a contractual engagement, this is envisioned as a permanent growth and partner-track role on a long-term basis and into subsequent funds.
● Sourcing and Pipeline Management: Build and manage sourcing channels and relationships for deal flow, and help manage and prioritize the startup pipeline
● Deal Evaluation: Support the entire diligence process, including financial analysis, customer calls, and expert interviews. Prepare detailed investment memo recommendations for consideration by Investment Committee
● Deal Closing: Develop perspectives on key standard terms; negotiate relevant terms and legal agreements for each deal; engage with third-part admin to facilitate capital calls and funding
● Post-Investment Support: Help portfolio companies with strategy, fundraising, and connections after investment
● Internal Support: Build and improve internal systems, including fund modeling, CRM management, and metrics collection and analysis
● Fund Administration: Assist with fund administration, LP reporting, and fund financials, including year end audit and reporting
● Fundraising: Identity and cultivate potential LP investors for Fund 1
● Team Management: Direct the work of analysts, fellows, and summer interns, as well as coordinate with leadership to support Advisory Group and ventures advisors
● Bachelor’s Degree (Industry-relevant Master’s Degree preferable)
● 5-8 years in venture capital, management consulting, investment banking
● Must demonstrate highly analytical thinking and ability to conduct rigorous, independent research for potential investments in a variety of sectors
● Excellent communication skills and high EQ, and experience and desire to work with members of the LGBTQ+ community
● Entrepreneurial and energized by the prospect of joining a venture team in its formative stages
TO APPLY: To express your interest, please email Megan Kashner and William Burckart at email@example.com with your (1) a cover letter that addresses your interest in and suitability for Colorful Capital’s work and (2) your resume. We will review candidates on a rolling basis.
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Investment Principal
Job Type: Full Time
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.