We are excited to continue growing our tight-knit team of bright, committed, and ambitious humans who share our vision and enthusiasm for finding, backing, and helping to grow some of Africa’s next big tech-based solutions. You will be joining Enza Capital in Lagos, where you will establish and lead the West Africa office, and where you will drive the origination, due diligence, and portfolio management of investee companies in collaboration with the whole Enza team – currently based in Nairobi, Johannesburg, Abidjan, and London.
Enza Capital is a multi-stage venture fund backing Founders and Teams using technology to solve large and meaningful problems across Africa. We love what we do, and we believe that you will too. Since launching mid-2019 we have diligently worked with aligned co-investors and a brilliantset of Founders to build an early portfolio with 35 investments into exceptional African businesses, including 7 businesses founded and headquartered in Nigeria, including Autochek, SeamlessHR, ORDA.Africa, Sendbox, DotBank, Tuteria, and Eden. Enza leads and co-leads investments into category defining technology companies in fintech, logistics, health, human capital, and climate smart sectors across Africa. These companies are organising the offline online, digitising key industries, and improving the way African’s live, earn, work, and do business. Building sustainable commercial solutions across these verticals will lead to meaningful advancement and significant value creation for teams, investors, and stakeholders across Africa.
Enza makes first-cheque investments from pre-seed to Series B of $250,000 – $5,000,000 in technology companies operating in and committed to the advancement of the African Continent, and we have significant financial capacity to follow-on in our portfolio companies through our separate Growth Capital vehicle. We take a long-term view and invest in people with the ability to execute consistently, learn voraciously, and scale ambitiously. We balance start-up agility with institutional rigour. We continue to refine our edge as a leading African venture firm. We invest with the explicit intentions of creating positive impact on all stakeholders involved and helping to build a thriving African Continent.
We are looking for an exceptional colleague, one who is a team player and who has demonstrated commitment to using business, finance, and technology to create lasting impact and commercial value in Africa. You thrive in fast-paced and entrepreneurial environments, and you bring analytical rigour in your approach and working style. You are a thoughtful leader, and an empowering manager. You are enthusiastic about engaging with brilliant Founders and Teams. You are based in Lagos, and you are excited at the prospect of travelling to other African countries to meet with colleagues, coinvestors, and management teams to support and grow our portfolio. You will have experience investing directly into privately held companies in Africa, sitting on Boards, managing teams, and you likely have experience advising, building, or running a company in Africa that has raised venture investment. Though you are expected to have 6+ years of relevant experience, you will also be excited about the prospect of learning daily and further growing your career in this space. You are likely excited to read about this opportunity as it resonates with your values and ambitions.
What You Will Do
Key responsibilities of the Investment Principal role at Enza Capital will initially revolve around driving 3 core areas – these will develop over time:
1. Relationships: You will develop, nurture, and maintain relationships across the African Continent to help develop a pipeline of investment opportunities and strengthen our coinvestor relationships. You will be responsible for building the Nigeria office, hiring a team, and developing the culture. Key stakeholders are our Founders, pipeline companies, the Enza Capital Team, co-investors, and our Limited Partners.
2. Transaction Lead: You will be responsible for driving end-to-end transaction execution, from origination through to due diligence, term sheets, negotiations, alignment, and closing. You will work closely with Enza Capital colleagues and the Investment Committee to reach robust and informed investment decisions across the Firm.
3. Portfolio Management: You will support existing and new Enza Capital portfolio companies post investment. This includes engaging with management teams through Board Director and Observer roles, through informal advisory work on strategy, market entry, talent management, fundraising, M&A, and exit.
Who You Are
• Positive, open team player and experienced leader who has loads of energy, and relishes a fast-paced and demanding environment with constant learning and uncapped growth
• 6+ years investment and due diligence experience (Venture Capital, Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Advisory or Investment Banking)
• Strong research, quantitative, and analytical skills balanced with high levels of social and emotional intelligence
• Operating experience in, or exposure to, an African company that has raised investment
• Strong written and verbal communications skills with an ability to represent Enza Capital
• Proactive self-starter with strong organisational and time-management skills
• Structured thinker confident sharing informed views and making difficult decisions
• Keen to learn, develop, and sharpen skillset with ambitions of growing to Partner
What We Offer
Contract: Full time – Permanent
Salary: $USD Base + Bonus + Carry w/ Benefits
Benefits: Positive culture, learning & development opportunities, flexible holiday policy, remote working, home office allowance, health insurance, pension, and maternity/paternity policy
1. Please submit expression of interest here
2. Send CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
3. Deadline: 31st October, 2022
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Investment Principal
Job Type: Full Time
Regions: Lagos, Nigeria
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.