Purpose of the job
The candidate will work closely with the other asset class MDs as joint portfolio managers to increase collaboration across asset classes and increase the exposure to more impact investing funds within each portfolio. In order to achieve Anthos’ ambition, the co-MD will show initiative and an entrepreneurial attitude to identify opportunities and develop a strong impact pipeline across asset classes. The primary responsibility of this role is:
- To (continue to) develop new multi-asset impact investing strategies
- To (continue to) implement strategy within the existing portfolios
- To advance our thinking and thought leadership in impact investing, collaborating with field-building efforts and industry publications, and
- To refine/advance our impact methodology to specific asset classes, such as absolute return strategies and fixed
- To implement portfolio construction aligned within strategic asset allocation guidelines
Co-lead the MAI efforts to
- Create a pipeline of managers and implement processes for the pipeline in line with our fit and client needs
- Development of MAI resources (e.g. staffing, systems, marketing & communication material related to the impact portfolios)
- Lead in building an authentic multi-asset impact fund, including creating a long-term vision and ambition.
- (Continue to) develop and implement multi-asset impact strategies
- Build a creditable impact deal pipeline
- Be responsible for product development and building a brand name
- Represent Anthos in (inter)national industry events and partner with clients
- Meet or exceed the absolute return targets for the respective impact investing portfolios
- From a governance perspective, provide impact validation for any deals sourced by the asset class specialists
- Have dual responsibility and oversight into what is included in the formal impact fund
- Adhere to all best practices in terms of compliance, due diligence processes, risk and reporting.
- Partner with relationship managers to ensure client satisfaction remains high
- Provide and receive insight & support from Responsible Investment Officer on things like reporting
- Collaborate with the heads of other entities within the ecosystem of Anthos.
Experience and skills
- University degree, CFA or MBA designation is preferred
- Established expertise and track record in impact investing (both funds and directs ideal)
- Established work experience within the investment management industry (minimum of 15 years), including in-depth knowledge of investment products and the institutional investment process
- Global network, fluent in English and ideally 1 or 2 other languages
- Hands-on and pragmatic approach in working
- Collegial and cooperative nature, including being a team player and connector
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills to build solid and trusted relationships which lead to a high level of commitment for her/his strategic and commercial opinion and vision
- Entrepreneurial and highly reliable, credible and empathetic in order to be a relevant discussion partner for clients, external parties as well as for the internal organisation.
- Communicate effectively at all levels and across different audiences, at an individual as well as organisational level
- Demonstrated passion for impact investing and values-based investing.