Apis Partners is an ESGI-native global venture capital and private equity asset manager that supports growth
stage financial services and technology businesses by providing them with growth equity capital.
Apis, through its team of over 30 professionals and staff with deep industry expertise, manages or advises on
over $2.0 billion of AUM. Apis has a global footprint from its headquarters in London, and 7 further offices
across Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Apis Partners is looking to fill an exciting role for an accomplished investor who seeks to lead an impact
investment team in venture capital in selected growth markets focussed on Financial Services. As a Managing
Director, you will be responsible for leading and managing Apis’ venture impact fund in Africa and South Asia
and SE Asia. You will source, analyse, and execute exciting investment opportunities, support portfolio
companies grow sustainably, and expand the reach of Financial Services in key markets. The Managing Director
will handle most of the senior level interactions with limited partners and relevant strategic partners. More
day-to-day details on the Managing Director’s role are provided later in this guide.
Responsible investing and financial inclusion are the cornerstones of Apis’ investment philosophy, with the firm
incorporating ESGI requirements into investment analysis and decision-making processes, policies and
Further details on Apis can be found here: https://apis.pe/
Job Title: Managing Director, Impact Venture Investments (Fintech)
Based: London (flexibility over time to work remotely or in one of Apis offices)
Main Purpose: Apis Partners is looking for a senior venture investor with good track record and a passion for
impact investments. The investor will lead an impact investment team to invest directly into
equities of fintech scale-up companies (Series A onwards) in frontier markets of Africa, South
Asia, and SE Asia. The individual will also liaise closely with key limited and strategic partners
as well as engage with portfolio company executives to proactively add value.
Experience, the ideal candidates would have:
▪ At least 8 years of successful track record in direct investment in fintech venture capital or growth
capital, preferably in the emerging markets. This includes end-to-end deal process ranging from
sourcing, structuring, and closing to portfolio board experience and risk management.
▪ Demonstrated interest and expertise in impact investing with a focus on financial inclusion being
▪ Experience building and managing a distributed investment team as well as helping hire for portfolio
▪ Good stakeholder management background interfacing with limited partners.
▪ Extensive network of partners (companies, investors, portfolio acquirers) in the target geographies:
Africa, South Asia, and SE Asia
▪ Build an investment team and source, qualify, and deploy capital into scale-ups (Series A onwards) in
Africa, South Asia, and SE Asia.
▪ Regularly interface with strategic limited partners to evaluate impact pipeline and Apis value added.
▪ Liaise with other venture and growth team members, and mentor junior investment professionals.
▪ Lead fund-raising in new impact fund mandates.
▪ Present thought leadership pieces externally.
Ideal candidates would be a strong venture capital investor (in fintech scale-ups in the emerging markets) and
demonstrably passionate about impact investing. The candidate would be able to work closely with strategic
limited partners and formulate a strategic investment agenda as well as a value creation plan as a director on
portfolio company boards. The candidate would be able to communicate and present well to both inside and
outside stakeholders. The person will also:
▪ Develop proactive solutions and think strategically
▪ Display an entrepreneurial spirit with drive and ambition
▪ Help fund-raise on extending the impact venture fund platform
▪ Be resilient; be able to meet the challenges presented by a constantly evolving work environment
▪ Be able to build effective working relationships and have a credible, honest and open approach both
internally and across the market
▪ Mentor and lead junior investment professionals
▪ Share our strong belief in the mission and values of the business
▪ Be a true team player who is communicative and collegiate
▪ Possess successful professional and academic track record in the relevant areas
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Managing Director
Job Type: Full Time
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.