The Operations Manager will dedicate 50% of her/his time to the AMF ED and 50% of her/his time to the AMG
MD. The role is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
AMF Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Project Management: Supporting the ED in all aspects of the implementation of donor
funded programs and fund management activities, this can include but is not limited
to drafting subaward agreements and modifications, reviewing and tracking grantee
reports and deliverables, drafting donor program and financial reports, and ensuring
adherence to donor approved Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) plans.
• Financial Planning & Administration: Supporting the ED and Accountant with
enterprise financial planning, cash flow management, and preparation for annual audit
and tax filings proceedings.
• Donor Compliance and Contracts Management: Ensuring the Foundation,
implementing partners, and sub-awardees are compliant with donor requirements
spanning financial and program reporting, document retention, audit preparation, and
• Administrative Tasks: Managing the ED’s calendar, schedule meetings, take Minutes
of meetings, and follow up on action items.
AMG Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Fund Administration: Maintaining fund treasury files, liaising with the investment
team to ensure proper allocation of payments, reconciling cash flows between the
fund and administrator, preparing and maintaining the online filing system, scheduling
meetings with relevant parties, preparing for audits, and ensuring funds compliance
with the relevant regulating bodies.
• Co-investor Management: Preparing co-investors statements, invoicing, organizing
information required from the investment team and consolidating investor data.
• Administrative Tasks: Invoicing, bill payments, organizing accounting documents,
liaising with the accountant and auditors, scheduling meetings, and following up on
Other duties as assigned: As a member of a lean team, it is expected that the OM will willingly
take on tasks to support the broader AlphaMundi Foundation and AlphaMundi Group.
Desired experience and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance,
International Development, or other relevant disciplinesfrom an accredited university.
A Master’s degree would be advantageous.
• An excellent command of spoken and written English.
• At least 7 years of experience with preference for candidates with at least 3 years of
grant management and/or bilateral donor compliance.
• Strong aptitude for project and grants management with the ability to manage
multiple workstreams simultaneously.
• Demonstrated track record of navigating complex donor compliance requirements.
• Outstanding organizational skills including the ability to set priorities, develop work
plans towards multiple goals, monitor progress and track details on information and
activities, and be held accountable by the ED and MD.
• Exceptional financial management and Microsoft Excel skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a good aptitude for pro-active communication and
transparency, patience, and perseverance.
• Ability to excel and maintain a positive attitude in a high-performing, fast-paced
environment, while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Kenyan citizenship or unrestricted, existing work authorization in Kenya.
To apply for this position please submit a single pdf including both a Cover Letter and CV
indicating your relevant skills and experience for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a candidate ideally starting as soon as
Only candidates whose background fits the above profile will be contacted for interviews.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Operations Manager
Job Type: Full Time
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.