Catalyze is looking for a mission-driven, highly motivated, and talented leader to drive the future of this national initiative for Capital Entrepreneurs.
The ideal candidate is an ecosystem builder, capital innovator, and creative leader with extensive experience supporting underrepresented entrepreneurs and fund managers and closing capital gaps. Candidates should have a strong commitment to bring an innovative approach to the role and willingness to design, fundraise, and launch new products and services for Capital Entrepreneurs. The Principal should also have a passion for teaching and mentoring, as we work to support the next generation of Capital Entrepreneurs. The Principal will lead a team of 8+ investment and operations professionals managing the existing fellowship program along with 6+ Capital Entrepreneurs. As the Catalyze leader, candidates should have an extensive network and strong relationships with
fund managers, nonprofits, asset allocators, and entrepreneur support organizations. The Principal will have extensive opportunities to serve as a thought leader and public speaker as we work to advance our work, the work of our partners, and the future of Capital Entrepreneurs.
This position will be US-based and can be fully remote. The Catalyze team is distributed across the US in Denver, San Diego, DC, NYC, and Atlanta.
● Build stakeholder & ecosystem relationships with asset allocators, fund services providers, capacity builders, mentors, and experts interested in supporting Capital Entrepreneurs.
● Manage event planning for ecosystem convenings.
● Lead operational diligence and select fund service providers to improve affordability and accessibility for Capital Entrepreneurs.
● Co-design and improve the Catalyze fellowship experience – including education, mentorship, and convenings – for Capital Entrepreneurs.
● Develop and lead new programming and activities for Capital Entrepreneurs.
● Support Capital Entrepreneurs as an operating partner with fund infrastructure, including launching, raising, investing, and managing a fund.
● Lead the Catalyze project management plan.
Fundraising + Thought Leadership
● Support fundraising and investor relations for the Catalyze fellowship program and GP investment vehicle, including funder prospecting, proposal writing, reporting and relationship management.
● Engage and expand Catalyzeʼs relationships among fund managers, relevant networks and conferences, prospective funders, subject matter experts, and other capacity builders.
Team Building & Management
● Build and manage effective teams – recruiting, mentoring, evaluating, work allocation and leading.
● Lead meetings with Capital Entrepreneurs, staff, Advisory Board members, and other relevant professionals.
● Assist with the design, marketing, and launch of the GP capital strategy and other products for Capital Entrepreneurs.
● Support the sourcing and evaluating for high-quality private investment funds led by Capital Entrepreneurs.
● Support the quarterly and annual investor/funder reporting process.
Desired Values, Qualifications & Skills
Demonstrated ability of/to/in:
● Team Building & Leadership
o Effectively build and manage teams.
o People-first, with a personable and humble demeanor interested in supporting others.
● Relationship Building & Ecosystem Builder
o Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to interact effectively with fund managers and colleagues distributed across the US.
o Demonstrated relationship management experience; passion for building collaboration and playing the role of connector to help others build strong relationships.
o Work effectively with investors, LPs and other key fund stakeholders and partners.
● Fund Investing
o 8+ years of work experience in private equity, venture capital, or comparable experience, preferably in the role of fund selection. In this capacity you may have experience on an investment team at a foundation, university endowment, family office, corporate venture fund or financial institution.
o Led multiple investments in US-based emerging VC/PE/Private Credit fund managers.
o Added value beyond capital to fund managers through advisory, mentorship, terms negotiations, network intros, LPAC positions, etc.
o Strong list of contacts in the VC/PE/Private Credit industry to help with relationship building and referencing.
o Hard working self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who excels with little direction.
o Executing sound judgment, and solving complex and tough problems.
To start, this is a part-time role (10-20 hours per week) for a 6-8 month contract at a $90 hourly rate depending on experience. Pending future funding, the part-time role can evolve into a full-time role with an annual salary starting at $175,000 and competitive benefits package.
Interested applicants should apply with this form here. This position is open until filled, with an initial application deadline on Friday, May 20, 2022. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catalyze is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, or gender identity to apply for this position. We welcome smart people with non-linear/non-traditional experience and educational backgrounds to join our team. Should a candidate be offered the position, they will need to show documentation of the ability to work in the US including completing an I-9. We are unable to offer work visas at this time.
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Principal
Job Type: Part Time
Regions: North America, South America