The Venture Growth Program Manager (VGM) will directly help high-growth social ventures scale by leading Rippleworks projects. You will manage diverse, virtual teams across emerging markets and your hands-on approach to solving these challenges will help companies build permanent capabilities to drive inspiring, meaningful social impact.
You will work directly with CEOs of leading social ventures and C-suite executives from top companies to solve the ventures’ toughest scaling challenges. This is an ideal role for anyone who wants to learn what it takes to become an exceptional operational leader at a high-growth startup.
Specifically, you will:
• Partner with leading social ventures: Manage multiple projects concurrently with social ventures and highly motivated C-suite executives from top companies
• Partner with leading tech executives: Assess operational challenges faced by fast-growth social ventures and how to best solve these challenges
• Build and manage fast-moving teams: Bring together stakeholders to quickly form teams and to effectively drive results across diverse business functions (engineering, product, marketing, data science, human capital, operations etc) that are critical for growth
• Lead results-driven project management: Create project plans and milestones, hold stakeholders accountable, and lead weekly meetings to build permanent capabilities within the social venture
• Play a pivotal role in designing Rippleworks’ growth: Directly shape our overall strategy, impact, and team culture
Make sure to watch this fun video we’ve prepared that answers key questions about the VGM role!
You are a driving force in an entrepreneurial organization, and are building a career on being a details-oriented problem solver. You are both a strategic thinker and a tactical do-er. You get excited when you deeply learn about new topics and will stop at nothing to solve the problem at hand. You love being at the bottom of a learning curve and sprinting to the top.
You strive to be the best at what you do, and you want to make your teammates better. You have high emotional intelligence, you are passionate about building great teams, and you understand how to influence and motivate people. You believe that one person can make a difference.
• Managing Ambiguity: Effectively copes with change and can shift gears comfortably; decides and acts without needing to have the total picture or fully baked plan with all of the details; remains calm when things are up in the air; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
• Planning and Aligning: Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals; breaks down the bigger picture into smaller pieces and creates a path to accomplish the goal; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules; anticipates and iterates effective plans; anticipates and proactively solves problems.
• Learning: Learns actively through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as growth opportunities
• Being Resilient: When the times get tough, you keep moving forward. You lean in with grit and tenacity…but also have fun. You keep positive and believe there is a way, even when it can’t be seen. Barriers are temporary roadblocks/hurdles to get over
• Building Teams: Builds teams while driving engagement, collaboration, and camaraderie; forms teamwork around diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experiences; establishes common team objectives and a shared mindset; creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale; leads from behind and shares wins and rewards team efforts; fosters open dialogue and collaboration among team members
• Customer Focus: Focuses on making customers successful; shifts from own frame of reference to the customer’s and deftly changes tactics to meet their needs; drives for results for customers, working with tenacity, careful planning, and detail orientation to best serve customers; absence of “other” mentality
• Interpersonal Skills: Relates openly and comfortably with different people: fosters and maintains healthy, mutually beneficial relationships with others; uses strong interpersonal skills (listening, empathy, openness) to build relationships and work collaboratively
• Communication: Articulates thoughts and expresses ideas in a clear and engaging manner using oral, written, visual, and non-verbal communication skills; actively listens to gain full understanding; develops and delivers multi-model communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• 6+ years of experience with demonstrated ability to create, build, and manage cross-functional projects and teams that bring tangible results. This can include roles such as:
• Experience leading strategic initiatives
• Product management
•Project management within a startup or a resource-constrained, entrepreneurial environment
•Proven track record of working closely with executives, effectively holding them accountable and acting as thought partners
•Demonstrated ability to build and maintain authentic relationships with key stakeholders
•Demonstrated clear and structured written and verbal communication skills in English with exceptional ability to read the audience, articulate ideas clearly and succinctly, add value to the topic at hand, and facilitate highly productive working sessions with diverse audiences
• Preferred/desired: in addition to English, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to conduct business in Spanish and/or French
• Passion for entrepreneurship and social impact
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to improving diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at Rippleworks. Candidates from historically marginalized communities (Black, Latinx, Native American or individuals with national origins from countries that reflect the communities we serve) are strongly encouraged to apply. Rippleworks also complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email email@example.com.
What We Offer
• Don’t take a pay cut to do good in the world! We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and competitive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, and short term + long term disability insurance, 401K + employer match, parking & commuter allowance, unlimited PTO, wellness/self-care stipends, home office set-up stipend and more
• Be inspired by meaningful work: You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
• Travel the world: Everyone at Rippleworks has the opportunity for at least one international working trip a year to see our impact in the field. Our Study Abroad program funds personal learning experiences abroad for employees to better understand the different geographies, cultures, and sectors that we support. And we know travel can be tiring! • Our No Place Like Home policy encourages employees to take a day off after Rippleworks-related travel to catch up on sleep, do some laundry, or spend some extra time with your family.
• Kickstart your lifelong journey of giving back: Through our Community Grants program, employees have the opportunity to give $50K grants to local community nonprofits doing meaningful work in an area that the employee is passionate about. We also provide $2,500 charitable donation match for financial and volunteer hour contributions
• A learning culture that values professional & personal growth: We provide an external professional coach for every team member who wants one and a learning budget to put towards professional development. We hold quarterly team-building activities, regular celebrations (birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays), and spontaneous dance parties on zoom. You can expect to have ongoing learning and growth conversations with your manager and internal mobility is something we prioritize and celebrate.
• A diverse and inclusive workplace that actively seeks and attracts people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
• A team of friends: We are a highly collaborative team that values local adventures, good jokes, and debating where to go to lunch (when we’re in person together!)
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Program Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Regions: North America
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.