ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
17 Communications (“17C”) is a mission-driven marketing and communications firm specializing in the ESG, impact investing, and sustainable finance space. We are committed to catalyzing the flow of capital towards ESG- and impact-oriented investments and solutions through a combination of communications, advocacy, research, and education. Consistent with this mission, we pledge to only work with clients whose services or values are aligned with the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact (UNGC) and/or the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We believe in a future for finance that works for all instead of a few, in collaboration
over competition, and in truth and transparency over greenwashing and impact-washing. We primarily work with impact investors, industry consultants, service providers, think tanks, and nonprofits. Check out our 2020 Impact Report to see our theory of change and read case studies about how our work helps to preserve and strengthen our shared social, environmental, and economic systems.
In April 2022, 17 Communications became a certified B Corp, joining more than 4,000 businesses around the world that share a commitment to using business as a force for good. Learn more at www.17c.org.
Title: Research Assistant
Job Overview: The Research Assistant will be responsible for providing support on a range of research projects and assignments. The assistant will work closely with the Research Manager and other 17C team members to ensure that all assignments are completed on time and to the satisfaction of 17C clients. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with researching information online (e.g., via Google search, news publications, social media, etc.) and then summarizing and sharing that research in a variety of ways (e.g., email memo, Word/Google doc, Excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint presentation, etc.).
Sample projects or assignments may include:
● Drafting and editing a weekly newsletter featuring top stories from across the impact investing industry
● Compiling coverage reports of all relevant news articles about a particular announcement or topic
● Reading and summarizing research reports or academic papers
● Attending industry webinars and sharing key takeaways
● Monitoring regulatory developments, especially in the US, EU, and UK
● Conducting messaging audits of competitor websites and social channels
● Building media lists and identifying media targets
● Maintaining activity trackers and producing regular reports on relevant KPIs
● Taking detailed notes during client calls and sharing action items
● Providing support with business development
YOUR SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
● Self-starter with strong research skills
● Excellent verbal and written skills
● Familiarity with basic business and financial concepts, especially related to investing and portfolio management
● Familiarity with different ESG- and impact-related metrics, standards, and frameworks (e.g., UN SDGs, UN PRI, TCFD, SFDR, OPIM, ISSB, GRI, etc.)
● Experience working in marketing, communications, or PR
● Well-organized with a strong attention to detail
● Compensation: $20 per hour
● Time commitment: 10-15 hours per week on average
● Start date: October 1, 2022
● End date: December 31, 2022, but with the potential to extend into 2023
● Location: Remote
● Please send your resume along with a 500-word cover letter about why you’re interested
in this position to HR@17c.org. ALL applicants will receive a response about whether
they will be selected for an interview, so no need to follow up.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
17 Communications is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in all its forms. This means we intentionally seek out diverse voices in all hiring decisions, and we endeavor to create an inclusive work environment where everyone has an opportunity to speak their minds. We believe that this commitment to DEI helps hold us accountable to our larger mission and strengthens the quality of our work.
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Research Assistant
Job Type: Part Time
We're excited to share with you our guide on how to kickstart your career transition into the impact finance space. Click below to get your free guide. It's packed with over 50 pages of helpful content to get you started.