Acceleration Program Investment Director Africa – Seedstars
Location: Lagos, Nigeria/Remote
About The Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organised around two key activities; 1) talent incubation and 2) VC investing. We incubate talent and high growth ventures through a series of programs from idea stage to early growth stage. We are currently building a platform of funds to be positioned as a key early-stage emerging market VC.
About The Programs Team
The Programs team alongside Labs and Investments are the central squads that make up the capacity building tribe at Seedstars. The Programs team’s key activity is to provide enterprise support through the execution of structured programs to make sure entrepreneurs have the knowledge, network, and services to scale.
The Programs team operates as a critical revenue generator for Seedstars by developing tailored solutions to address unique challenges faced by startups and entrepreneurs around the globe. The Program squad is the fastest growing business unit in Seedstars and is composed of a Head of Global Programs, a Global Startup Growth Lead, and eight full time Program Managers, 3 Program Management Contractors and 4 local Entrepreneur in Residences and Innovation Experts.
The team works in close collaboration with many business units throughout the group, including Global Partnerships Management, Regional Heads of Sales, and Finance.
About The Job
We are hiring an Acceleration Program Investment Director to join an exciting project which aims to support enterprises across Africa. Your objective will be to co-lead every aspect of the VC process: supporting existing portfolio companies, fundraising, team management, strategy etc. This role can be done remotely. Preference given to candidates based in Africa.
- Manage and train the Investment Managers/Associates/Analysts
- Support with LP relationship building, fundraising and reporting
- Drive first-ticket investment discussions and decisions for pre-seed and seed stage ventures
- Lead follow on investment due diligence, analysis and presentation to the Investment Committee
- Build deep relationships with top Angel Networks, VC Partners and leading ecosystem enablers
- Support portfolio companies post-investment and drive exit opportunities
- Manage the portfolio diversification and fund allocation
- You have a passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets and in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation
- You have a strong belief in getting things done – You have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- Extensive experience in VC or PE, preferably in emerging markets
- Knowledge of technology and market trends
- Highly developed financial and analytical skills
- Investment structuring know-how
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep Africa expertise
- Nice to Have
- Crypto/Blockchain experience
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.
How To Apply
Apply through this link