Senior Investment Associate of Impact
Location: We prefer the candidate be based in the firm’s Kitchener (Toronto), Amsterdam, or Singapore office but are willing to consider remote candidates.
About Sarona Asset Management
Sarona Asset Management (“Sarona”) is a leading impact investment firm for Emerging Markets, investing in private companies across Asia, Africa, Latin America and Emerging Europe. Sarona is committed to delivering strong financial returns and creating deep and lasting impact. The firm is based in Kitchener Canada, with offices also in Amsterdam.
We are a small, entrepreneurial firm, where every person’s contribution determines our future. We now need a full-time Senior Impact Associate to join our team. This person will report to the Managing Director of Impact. The Senior Impact Associate will be an important member of Sarona’s investment team, serving both our private equity and private debt mandates.
The investment team is responsible for the sourcing, diligence, and recommendation of the most attractive investment opportunities. The team is also responsible for active management of the existing investment portfolio. Working with investees, the Senior Impact Associate will focus primarily on impact-related due diligence, gap analyses, and design and implementation of impact improvement plans.
Sarona is an equal opportunity employer. We value team diversity and believe in equal access to employment opportunities.
- Understand and lead the implementation of Sarona’s Theory of Change
- Manage and implement our Social and Environmental Management System (SEMS)
- Implement impact due diligence using our assessment tools to provide clear and compelling impact analyses
- Engage with investees to understand their impact objectives and to maximize their business and impact success
- Manage our impact data collection and analysis, and track impact at portfolio level
- Report on specific and portfolio-level impact; lead the creation of Sarona’s annual Values Report
- Contribute to impact investing thought leadership
- Manage relationships with impact investment organizations associations
- Secure financial support contracts with funders to optimize Sarona’s Theory of Change
- Provide training and resources to Sarona staff on implementing its gender lens investing strategy, impact investing mandates, and theory of change
- Excellence & Creativity: these stand in conflict with each other; both are important
- Honesty & Integrity: these are similar; they cannot be compromised
- Kindness & Respect: we enjoy working together; we encourage the best from each other
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- Passionate about private investments in Emerging Markets; passionate about social and environmental impact
- Five years of impact due diligence and monitoring experience; emerging markets experience
- Entrepreneurial and professional; team player; “Getting Stuff Done” (GSD) mentality
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly to emerging markets
- Good communicator: must speak and write well in English
We prefer the candidate be based in the firm’s Kitchener (Toronto), Amsterdam, or Singapore office but are willing to consider remote candidates.
For more information on the activities of Sarona, please visit: www.saronafund.com
How to Apply
Apply through this link