Job: Senior Investment Associate – The Sobrato Organisation
Location: Silicon Valley
About The Sobrato Organisation
The Sobrato Organization is dedicated to building a strong and vibrant Silicon Valley community through business and philanthropic leadership. Founded by John A. Sobrato in 1979 and led by CEO Matt Sonsini, The Sobrato Organization remains a family-owned firm known for integrity and dedication, with no outside investors or joint venture partners
Since 1953, the Sobrato Family has played a pivotal role in shaping Silicon Valley through its real estate development and by giving back to the community through Sobrato Philanthropies. Sobrato Philanthropies creates social change by partnering with communities to build a world that is more inclusive, equitable, and sustainable. Guided by the business philosophy and personal values of the Sobrato family, three generations engage in grantmaking, advocacy, impact investing, and collaborative efforts designed to create impact in the communities they serve.
The Sobrato Organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, experiences, perspectives, and skills and to creating an environment and inclusion and belonging for all employees regardless of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. The Sobrato Organization is expanding, and we are interested in growing our staff to include diverse voices with different lived experiences.
About the Role
The Investment Associate’s primary responsibility will be to assist with the diligence of investment opportunities for Sobrato Capital across venture, buyout, opportunistic credit, public equities, and impact investments.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Working closely with the Chief Investment Officer in monitoring and analyzing the existing investments in a diversified portfolio across asset classes, including meeting with general partners, attending annual meetings and reviewing quarterly correspondence.
- Filtering deal flow for potential portfolio fit.
- Performing due diligence on prospective investments (including impact investments) by evaluating the strategy, analyzing performance, conducting references, and preparing recommendations for the Executive Committee.
- Assisting in the preparation of strategic analyses of different asset classes and researching broad investment trends.
- Supporting the CIO with the preparation of update materials for Sobrato board and family meetings.
Experience and Requirements
- 3-4 years of private manager selection experience
- Demonstrated quantitative skills in public and private investment analysis
- Deep knowledge of Excel and the ability to develop and manipulate complex financial models
- Proven orientation to detail and excellent organization skills
- Strong desire to support the work of a mission-driven organization
- Team-oriented and organized, with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and to deliver results in a collaborative and fast-moving culture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Intellectually curious self-starter with a strong aptitude for qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and maturity.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Highly competitive benefits package
- Full-time, exempt position
What We Offer
The Sobrato Organization promotes equitable and rewarding compensation for its team. Salary is commensurate with experience, plus a competitive benefits package with perks including medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; 401(k) plan with generous employer match; paid time off; paid time off and holidays; access to professional development resources; matching gift contributions; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); cell phone reimbursement; public transportation passes; dedicated parking; stocked kitchen snacks and beverages; and many employee events and lunches!
Beyond competitive salaries, benefits and perks, joining The Sobrato Organization is an opportunity to build upon the Sobrato family legacy of strong values, deep commitment and large-scale community impact. The Sobrato Organization is dynamic, growing, encourages collaboration and continuous learning, and is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion. Our team has the opportunity to contribute immediately taking on meaningful work alongside caring, talented colleagues.
How To Apply
Pinnacle Group has been exclusively retained for this search and prospective candidates are invited to contact Pinnacle Group directly. To apply for the role, please reach out to email@example.com