Strategic Partnerships Manager, Microsoft Philanthropies
Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
About the job
Microsoft Philanthropies helps bring to life the company’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more by bringing technology, skills, and a focus on employability to drive sustainable social impact and economic opportunity for all. Microsoft Philanthropies seeks to create systemic change by investing in three strategic pillars: Digital Skills & Employability, AI for Good, and our own Employee Engagement.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager is a newly created role in Microsoft Philanthropies to join the Field Empowerment team to lead our engagements with S500 customers in Europe. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Corporate Philanthropy/Corporate Social Responsibility professional to manage the European implementation of the Microsoft Philanthropies S500 program and other key Philanthropic programs. This role will also partner and coordinate with a community of Microsoft professionals who execute community-focused programs across the Europe; facilitate, drive and track the cross-organizational impacts that Microsoft has across Europe; and help to tell the stories of these Microsoft programs to both internal and external audiences.
- Execute Strategic Partnership (S500) programmatic priorities in the Europe and oversee and orchestrate the program. Some European partnerships might also include components in other regions. Co-design engagement partnerships with S500 accounts, nonprofit partners, foundations and other partners, including collaboration with government entities and other organizations from the private sector, and aligning programs with key business strategies and priorities for Microsoft.
- Build and execute on a strong Europe-wide coordination and tracking of grants, partnerships, programs across internal organizations that impact key regions. Work with the regional partners that impact Microsoft’s overall social impact story to track, coordinate, and build a narrative that can be used by multiple roles inside of Microsoft to tell a One Microsoft philanthropic story.
- Help build and grow an effective, diverse and inclusive Philanthropies community in the Europe.
Business, Technical, and Societal Expertise
- Create opportunities to showcase technology being used for good, partnering with other Microsoft teams to create solutions that accelerate nonprofits’ missions, and leveraging our AI for Good grant portfolio to apply AI for addressing the most important issues of our time, such as environmental sustainability, inclusion of people with access needs, health, and humanitarian crises.
- Drive Microsoft’s skilling initiatives across Europe to equip people excluded from the digital economy with digital, foundational, role-based, and technical skills leading to improved livelihoods, employment, or micro-entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Develop and/or recommend highly impactful partnerships for advancing Microsoft corporate social responsibility (e.g., philanthropies, accessibility, sustainability) agenda, while managing risks and consequences
- Identify and gather resources across internal and external communities to ensure a positive impact of corporate social responsibility (e.g., philanthropies, accessibility, sustainability) initiatives
- Participate in large internal and external events to advocate for Microsoft corporate social responsibility (e.g., philanthropies, accessibility, sustainability) programs.
- Communicate Microsoft’s perspective on key strategic corporate social responsibility (e.g., philanthropies, accessibility, sustainability) issues and garners the support of influential internal and external stakeholders to advance Microsoft’s CSR agenda.
- Develop recommendations for how Microsoft products and software can be used to solve societal issues and create opportunities in the community
- Create opportunities for partnership, collaboration and engagement with large customers and partners, showcasing Microsoft technologies and leveraging existing Philanthropies initiatives in alignment with these companies’ social impact-related or corporate responsibility objectives.
- Identify and manage partnerships (e.g., nonprofit, international, advocacy, academic) to advance corporate social responsibility (e.g., philanthropies, accessibility, sustainability) development programs.
- Work in close coordination with country and multi-country Philanthropic Leads to scale their program by bringing in resources and funding from S500 customers.
- Work with Microsoft communications, marketing, and other teams to build the narrative showcasing the results and impacts of our investments (internally and externally) through strategic campaigns. Drive and coordinate our storytelling in key regions such that we enable other internal organizations (Government Affairs, Public Sector, Commercial Sector, etc.) to tell an all-up Microsoft impact story.
- Proactively collaborate with, and influence internal stakeholders across functions to ensure a mutual understanding and alignment of objectives, priorities, and resources.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor’s Degree AND significant industry experience in corporate social responsibility, philanthropies, corporate affairs, or related area
- OR extensive experience in corporate social responsibility, philanthropies, corporate affairs, or related area.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Significant experience in solution sales, marketing, consulting, or related field ideally as a senior IT leader, including experience working in a large, highly matrixed enterprise. Prior experience working with Microsoft’s sales team strongly preferred.
- Significant experience with consultative or solution selling processes.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience, and ability to effectively execute strategic plans.
- Experience in convening external organizations around current and relevant topic areas.
- Experience working in Europe region and an understanding of regional dynamics, including challenges and socio-political context, breadth of underserved communities and opportunities and challenges related to our core areas of focus.
- Demonstrated experience managing internal and external relationships, networks and teams that include a diverse group of people representative of the public and private sectors, community-based organizations, nonprofit, and civic leadership as well as program beneficiaries.
- Seasoned business professional with the influence to impact multi-stakeholder groups. Proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes and cross-team projects to desired results. Demonstrable skills in effectively collaborating with senior leaders (internal and external) in addition to field-based teams and establishing strong working relationships and rhythms in a matrixed environment
- An understanding of emerging digital technologies and the opportunities that these new trends offer to advance social and economic outcomes. Understanding of AI, trends, ethical issues, and Microsoft’s solutions.
- Proven ability to seek out, understand and incorporate feedback from the underserved communities we want to serve. Experience in working with the existing organizations and collaborations designed to address key social impact priorities.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to distill complex information into simple messages and concise communication materials, tailored for the audience. Ability to drive recommendations and land priorities across team leads, senior executives and across organizational boundaries. Ability to build comprehensive and compelling presentation and communication materials
- Support a values-based environment in the organization consistent with the Company mission and core values
- Travel required (~30% in normal times)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
How to Apply
Apply through this link