September 15th, 2020
This position will be based in Europe and home-based work may be considered.
CCAFS is looking for a talented, creative and dynamic sustainable finance professional who is highly driven and have the skills and network required to tackle the most pressing challenges facing our food systems and related water and land systems. The Sustainable Finance Analyst will play a crucial role in supporting the implemention and growth of CCAFS sustainable finance work. Specifically, she/he will focus on:
- Provide analytical support to CCAFS on sustainable finance related issues
- Manage and implement complex research assignments for clients. This will include collaborating with CCAFS scientists and technical experts to outline and draft proposals, conduct complex analysis, and take responsibility for the
deliverable of final high-quality work products
- Develop funding proposals, technical concept notes, investment pitches, and technical guidelines related to sustainable finance.
- Support CCAFS to analyse complex information and develop investment cases for low-carbon and climate resilient food systems
- Support the development of innovative frameworks and criteria to influence and measure ESG investments in sustainable food systems.
- Contribute to develop cutting-edge research on sustainable finance, sustainability and ESG related issues for food systems
- Support the development of strategic relationships with key public (donors, DFIs, climate funds, etc.) and private investors (asset owners, asset managers, corporates, etc.) to help design innovative investment solutions for sustainable food systems
- Support the development, negotiation and execution of new partnership deals with leading corporate, financial institutions and investors in the food systems space
- Support project teams to disaggregate problems and provide innovative solutions
- Keep abreast of latest innovations on sustainable finance and sustainable food systems
Terms of Employment
This position is globally recruited. It will be hosted by the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT and funded by CCAFS. The consultancy contract will be for an initial one-year period, renewable depending on performance and milestones achieved.
Competencies, skills and experience
- Advanced degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration required
- Minimum 3 years working experience at international level in the area of sustainable finance, climate finance and/or impact investing. Direct experience working in the financial services industry or in a top tier consulting firm strongly preferred
- Solid knowledge of innovative financial instruments in sustainable land use
- Good understanding of food systems and climate related challenges in developing countries, and how environmental and social issues relate to business risks and opportunities
- Intellectually curious and business-driven to deliver innovative and high-impact results to clients
- Critical thinker able to analyse complex information and produce high quality work products in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative and decentralized environment, and operate under tight deadlines
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, with advanced Power Point/presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; a second language (French or Spanish) is strongly preferred
Applications should be submitted before August 31, 2020 to Alberto Millan(email@example.com). All applications must include curriculum vitae, cover letter,salary expectations (USD daily rate) and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted. Please note that applications that do not include all the information described above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We offer a challenging position with remuneration commensurate with
experience, high degree of independence and a very flexible and multicultural working environment. The candidate will report to Alberto Millan (Sustainable Finance Advisor). For more information on CCAFS: CGIAR centers and research programmes, please https://ccafs.cgiar.org/