Role: Third Party Commercialization, Senior Associate
Location: New York, Toronto, Chicago, Boston
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Client Relations team works with a diverse range of leading asset managers and asset owners in integrating Sustainalytics’ suite of research products and services into their investment processes. Our objective is to support clients in integrating material ESG considerations in their investment decision making. Members of the team choose to work for Sustainalytics to have a positive impact on society in their daily work. We operate in a lively and collaborative environment, where each day is different.
The Client Relations team is seeking a Senior Associate focusing on Third-Party Commercialization to act as a primary coordinator between third-party alliances and redistributors, and Sustainalytics/ Morningstar’s internal teams, and will support growing these relationships. The role will focus on working with internal stakeholders around the commercial set-up with new and existing third party relationships. The candidate will gather exposure developing and executing a commercial implementation plan for relationships and cooperation with third party platforms.
This position allows you to obtain a thorough understanding of how ESG factors can be implemented by investors, work in an entrepreneurial and cross-cultural environment, quickly assume new responsibilities and challenges, and become a company representative with internal and external clients. The position is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be part of Sustainalytics’ growth story.
- Execute a global strategy for the commercialization of third party relationships in close coordination with Morningstar’s Alliances and Redistributors and Sustainalytics’ Strategic Partnerships Teams, with a goal of contributing to and executing on the North American strategy
- Build out Sustainalytics’ relationships and cooperation with third party platforms
- Act as primary coordinator between Sustainalytics’ internal teams and third-party platforms
- Work with internal teams around the education of third-party platforms
- Occasional travel to meet with internal teams & external clients
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the market data, ESG or financial services area. Experience in working with index providers, as well as selling to and through data platforms is a plus;
- Master’s degree in related discipline (business, finance, environment and/or social sciences) or Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience;
- Keen understanding and monitoring of market developments as it relates to data distribution and fintech trends
- Willingness to understand information flows across the investment landscape
- Openness to developing a strong understanding of ESG applications in an investment context
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong project management skills, able to work well in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work successfully in a global, diverse and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience presenting to large audiences is a plus
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values
Sustainalytics is a Morningstar company dedicated to responsible investment with over 25 years’ experience in ESG research and ratings. With an extensive client base across asset managers, asset owners and investment banks, our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.
As Morningstar’s ESG center of excellence we are responsible for driving both the commercial success and innovation of its ESG products as well as its overall ESG strategy.
In these times, we rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
How To Apply
Apply through this link