New York, New York, United States
Lazard Asset Management now operates from 24 cities across 17 countries with a global staff of over 800. Our more than 300 investment personnel manage US$229.7 billion across a wide range of global, regional and country-specific strategies – both traditional and alternative – in listed equity and fixed income. At Lazard Asset Management, we pride ourselves in balancing the feel of a small firm with the scale of a large global organization. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat management structure foster an environment in which good ideas can take flight, no matter where they come from.
Lazard’s guiding principles reflect our distinctive culture and aspirations for the future. We strive to achieve the greatest impact for all Lazard stakeholders with Excellence, Empowerment and Engagement.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lazard
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity’s strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.
The ongoing cultivation of diversity and an inclusive, equitable culture are essential to our continued growth. We are committed to sustaining an environment in which all employees – regardless of socioeconomic status, race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran or military status – can bring their whole selves to work to maximize their individual potential and our collective success.
Lazard Asset Management is currently recruiting for a VP of Thought Leadership to support development of its Sustainable Investment and ESG team which is located across New York and London.
Lazard seeks to publish thought leadership on sustainable investing topics that are research-led, engaging and compelling. The individual will be responsible for helping develop Lazard’s suite of ESG focused publications across different channels, that help with education in the marketplace, disspelling of myths, thought provocation and postioning of Lazard as a leader in this field. The individual will draw on their ESG subject matter expertise and will recognise that deeply researched thought pieces provides an opportunity for asset managers to differentiate themselves against peers.
As well as being responsible for co-ordinating the firm’s efforts related to ESG thought leadership, the individual will also provide expert information and advice on ESG collateral to key internal constituents as well as supporting sales and relationship management teams with ESG-related enquiries. The role would also have responsibilities for developing and maintaining some ESG related marketing collateral and assisting with materials for client meetings.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast growing team within a large global organisation. This role will be central to raising the profile of the firm’s ESG capabilities internally and externally with clients. The position requires an individual with a passion for ESG and sustainable investing.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Deliver an exciting editorial pipeline of sustainable investing & ESG content in alignment with our astrategy, with a steady and frequent cadence
- Write and develop both long form and short form digital communications deliverables on a range of topics that support sustainable investing& ESG priorities at the Firm
- Produce content that synthesizes key takeaways for individual and institutional investor audiences and other public audiences and is published on the Firm’s website, social media platforms and paid media channels
- Work with the Co-Heads of Sustainable Investment & ESG, Firm business units, marketing, digital and others to develop effective, pithy, visually engaging research-driven insights that showcase the Firm’s expertise and advance the ESG team’s agenda
- Provide quantitative and qualitive inputs to and help coordinate the development and production of LAM’s Annual Sustainable Investment Report in collaboration with LAM’s marketing team
- Identify opportunities to promote LAM through various channels, including social media, industry conferences and other events
- Identify opportunities to take ownership and responsibility for other projects/activities that contribute to the success of the firm’s ESG capabilities
- 5-7 years of professional experience in communications, writing or journalism, with a focus on delivering digital content, ideally with an agency background
- Demonstrated knowledge of ESG and Sustainability and working technical proficiency/command of investment management concepts
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on business, finance and/or sustainability
- Knowledge of and a passion for sustainability issues and sustainable investing/finance specifically
- Excellent writing skills, with an eye toward pithy digital content for a business audience
- Strong ability to prioritize and analyze information that is both quantitative and qualitative in nature to develop deep research-led insights for an external audience
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual with the ambition to succeed in and work collaboratively in an environment that demands constant multi-tasking and liaison across regional offices, investment platforms and time-zones
- Pro-active attitude and approach to work that can help the team identify opportunities to do things better/differently in order to optimize the team’s success
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships across all levels and represent Lazard positively to external contacts
- Accountability and willingness to take initiative to independently learn and continuously improve output